Pelini has something up his sleeve?

Hes confident because we have a good team. Its no secret, you can see it. The mentality of the whole team collectively let off the gas in the 4th quarter, it showed on offense when taylor just slid down for a sack, and that carried over to the defense...and Bo knows thats on the coaches not the players. We made some good adjustments and pretty much shut them down when we wanted to (needed to) With Dennard playing they score under 20 points probably only 10. Andrew Green got beat like he stole something all game. If you cant see this you dont know football. When have we ever got immense pressure without Suh out of our front 4? 90% of our sacks have always been coverage sacks and right now with our best three DBs in the NFL , and a future nfl 1st round pick on the sideline, they are just going thru a learning curve wth some young guys. I cannot believe some of you are this blind. Blaming Raymond? Pelini cant recruit? Some of you have no idea what the hell you are talking about and dont deserve to talk football....4 NFL type DBS out and you expect the next 4 guys to come in and dominate having never played in college, good luck with that.

We're just reloading with a lot of our personnel. Some bumps on the road in that process. It really is nothing to freak out over, although the DL is a small concern. The season is still young, though.

Yeah, I'm more than a little concerned about the defensive line. I just don't understand it...they were a pretty dependable unit for the most part last year, and we have everyone back except for Pierre Allen. So far, from my perspective, it sure looks like we're giving opposing quarterbacks a Dorothy Lynch commercial break amount of time in the pocket. And although Andrew Green got abused yesterday, the other side to that is that your db's can't cover a receiver for 15 freakin' seconds. Where is the pressure? The tfl's?

And Fischer...

Anyway, I'm glad to see my fellow HB members relatively calm about it. Maybe I'm overreacting. But I've been incredibly disappointed in our front seven, and more than a little concerned. As you said zoogies, we are young...(although not that young in that front seven) and we are reloading a fair amount of personnel, (although, again, not so much with the front seven.)

I don't know. You have to be pleased with a 3-0 record, anytime, no matter what. But our defense looks pretty mortal to me right now. I guess I've been spoiled by the play of the Blackshirts over the last couple of years.

This probably has nothing to do with anything, but I wanted to throw it out there.

I remember hearing about our team watching tape and preparing for the B1G teams very early, way before fall practices. Is it possible they have spent much more time preparing for these teams than our OOC schedule? I know they still prepare for them, but maybe the defensive plan is different for our OOC schedule than in conference schedule.

Yeah, probably not. Just grasping for straws. :D

I wonder if Bo's attitude toward the defense (being very optimistic) is to counteract all the negative press the defense is getting. They are just kids and you don't want to shatter their confidence. Bo's very good with his players. He knows how to get the most out of them and piling on with the press and fans probably would be a bad idea.

• Fire 1