Looks like WVU to the SEC might be happening soon

TopekaHUSKER15

I hope it happens. I want Missouri in the B1G and I was worried the SEC was going after them next.

Why? Mizzou doesn't bring anything valuable to the table. Better off with Kansas. At least you get basketball with KU.

This conference shuffle has never been about basketball.

I know. The point is that at least KU has basketball. I believe Mizzou and KU are on the same level football wise.

Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it. The TV sets aren't there to make this viable.

The point is that at least KU has basketball. I believe Mizzou and KU are on the same level football wise.

I agree with this, but it's covered in the Kansas thread. Do have to say the NYT article from today examining program fan bases and the number of people watching in major metropolitan areas expressed a similar idea that KS and MO, while they may be 300k off in football fans/viewership, KS basketball would potentially make up for the difference.

It was already rumored by yesterday evening that the SEC had declined WVU.

Edit: and that NYT article, the statistics they are claiming are based on something like 30,000 responses across the country then adjusted by team revenue adjusted by fans searching for "College Football" in large media markets.

Anyone whose ever even taken an introductory statistics class can tell you that you are not going to be able to accurately predict 70 million people using a data set of 30,000. That is before you take into account that it is not even an actual random sample nor based on any type of scientifically done survey. It's based on an online poll. Give me a day and we could have 50,000,000 Nebraska fans.

Franky its misleading bull, and whoever wrote it should be ashamed at themselves for even trying to use those "statistics" to back any article or argument. I'm sure administrators, TV network, and conference officials who actually probably do have some of that data had a good laugh.

I hope it happens. I want Missouri in the B1G and I was worried the SEC was going after them next.

Why? Mizzou doesn't bring anything valuable to the table. Better off with Kansas. At least you get basketball with KU.

This conference shuffle has never been about basketball.

No, this expansion has been about programming for a collegiate conference network. Football only covers September through December--you've got hockey (for the B1G now) and basketball to stretch that out through March. Kansas' value resides in that December through March area, and even Sipple from the Journal Star thinks Kansas to the B1G would be a good move (especially if it's paired with Notre Dame).