Hate to say it but......

C N Red

Its gonna be a long season. Its pretty obvious we're not that good. Our QB cant throw the ball and start worrying Bo, our defense is not good!! The defense cant tackle or cover, and when we have to count on Thorrel and Blatchford that isnt good!! Our defense will not be able to keep us in games this year. Sorry,

but ive been giving us the benefit of the doubt. I just can't do it anymore. Our defense isn't that good and martinez is not a QB!!!!!

Our biggest problem on offense is obviously the line. I didn't expect Pelini's year four defense to completely suck ass. What a joke.

We have only given up 7 points, and that was a result of a miscue by the secondary. I officially don't know what game you all are watching

(as I post, almost another miscue by the secondary). Still, we don't "completely suck ass" by any means whatsoever,

Our biggest problem on offense is obviously the line. I didn't expect Pelini's year four defense to completely suck ass. What a joke.

We have only given up 7 points, and that was a result of a miscue by the secondary. I officially don't know what game you all are watching

(as I post, almost another miscue by the secondary). Still, we don't "completely suck ass" by any means whatsoever,

The one were Wyoming has shot it's own foot off over and over again. We can pretend we didn't just luck out (again) on that Wyo dropped pass. The defense has been terrible all year.

Yeah, all of our first-year and otherwise inexperienced starters our there in their first 4 games haven't been lights-out. Big shocker. They're 1) not that bad and 2) can only get better.

They've been terrible. At this point we should be able to plug in guys who know the system, and know how to play. I'm not expecting all-world out of the gate, but these last three games have been flat out embarrassing for our defense. Against mid-majors and a weak Pac-12 team. And it's not just our secondary.

If we play this way against Wisconsin, they'll hang 40+ on us without much of an issue. The biggest issue overall, in my opinion, is consistency - there's none. The defense can't be consistent in stops and the offense...it just looks like a guessing game every time the ball is snapped. Taylor is an amazing athlete but the way he just lobs it up sometimes....it's not going to end well against big time football programs. I said this in a separate post and of course, most people were defending him because we're 3-0 but honestly, he's not a true QB and we're using him because we have nobody better (as far as I can tell). The difference between Taylor and Denard Robinson is that Denard can throw the ball pretty well and he doesn't look to be throwing up prayers all the time. I hate to agree with the TS but this season will be a long one...no doubt. We may end up losing 3-5 games this year unless people start coming into their own.

Also, it look like Dennard isn't @100% as on the long pass play they scored on, he pulled up pretty short and he looked like he was favoring his leg.

If we play this way against Wisconsin, they'll hang 40+ on us without much of an issue.

Has nobody looked at Wisconson's schedule? They have played nobody. Literally...nobody. They have one of the easiest non-conf schedules I've ever seen. Perhaps they do hang 40 on us easily. But perhaps not. We have no way of knowing at this point. Remember in '07 when we dominated our first 3 games and then proceeded to get destroyed by USC... we have no metric to determine how good Wisconsin is. So let's reserve judgement for right now.

Overreact harder, please.

My reaction is perfectly reasonable, thank you. Should I be pleased Bo Pelini's 4th year defense is terrible? How would you like me to react?

With cautious, objective skepticism? Instead of full-blown, OMG OUR DEFENSE IS AIDS AND BO IS A TERRIBLE COACH

Call me foolish I guess because I'm going to assume Wisconsin is better, much much better, than any team we've stumbled against this season.

Yes, they are. Where did I say otherwise? They might be a team similar to our strength, or they might be a team of Alabama's strength...we just have no way of knowing at this point based on their schedule and results.