My friend has a theory.....

bsbch

my question is, what will our gameplan be next week? just run it and try to play ball control. hope to hold them to fg's? i hope bo knows, and doesn't pull a mizzou like his first year here. it's going to be hard to be the 9th ranked team, and get spanked nationally.

Yeah, I have this horrible "2008 Mizzou game" feeling that I can't shake when it comes to Wisconsin. I am really hoping the coaches and players have something up their sleeve to stop Wisconsin's run-game.

my question is, what will our gameplan be next week? just run it and try to play ball control. hope to hold them to fg's? i hope bo knows, and doesn't pull a mizzou like his first year here. it's going to be hard to be the 9th ranked team, and get spanked nationally.

Yeah, I have this horrible "2008 Mizzou game" feeling that I can't shake when it comes to Wisconsin. I am really hoping the coaches and players have something up their sleeve to stop Wisconsin's run-game.

bo and the other coaches seem suspiciously calm and confident. i'm hoping for the best. i'm excited and we'll know a lot about this team after next week.

They would never purposely all a sub par game as that would go against their mantra to improve each day. I do think they might call a vanllia game or have a simple game plan if that's all they think is required. I think they experiment sometimes.

I am kinda wondering if we will see a 5 man DL line against Wisconsin. Maybe they aren't real sharp on their standard stuff because they have been messing around with other packages. Just some wild theories. I am just throwing mud at the wall.

There's no reason to call a sub-par game.

I think Tommie Frazier said it best last week on a radio show when he was talking about the mentality of a team and what it takes to win and close out games. Apparently one of the coaches, and it could have been Bo, shrugged off comments about the team not finishing against Washington, saying "whatever". Frazier said that a team can't have a "whatever" mentality. If you're beating a team by 20, you want to try and beat them by 40. There's no reason to call a conservative game-plan when you're up on a team 44-17.

The only real adjustment you should make late in a blowout game is substitutions. If the players can't get it done that's one thing, but playing soft just to get out of there with a win is something completely different in my opinion. We played some tough defense in the third quarter and it was very aggressive. And then on Wyoming's last scoring drive, we didn't see a lot of aggressive play-calling. This defense seems to flourish when they play aggressively, and seems to give up a lot of yards when they try and play prevent.