Offensive Playcalling Early Against Wisky

beanman

I'd agree with that, almost all offenses are like that. Hopefully Husker fans will start to be more OK with being multiple than we have been in the recent past.

i wasn't trying to be facetious. i just never thought shawn watson was any more multiple than any other. i think we are way more multiple now than we have been in a while. we work out of the I, shotgun, pistol, whatever. we have the option of play action with every formation and we can do anything out of any of them. i like this new offense, but i think pro style is the best. we are close, but we don't have the qb for it. but our offense is well tailored for taylor.

Well, we were pretty limited in what we could do the past two years on offense. Last year, as everybody knows, we had a redshirt freshman that had only a couple years total of QB experience in his life thrown out there, far from ready then to get too much put on his plate. The year before, Bo shut it down midseason with all the miscues that were happening on offense and directed the offense to be a bare bones, but grind out the wins team.

I like this new offense too though.

Well, we were pretty limited in what we could do the past two years on offense. Last year, as everybody knows, we had a redshirt freshman that had only a couple years total of QB experience in his life thrown out there, far from ready then to get too much put on his plate. The year before, Bo shut it down midseason with all the miscues that were happening on offense and directed the offense to be a bare bones, but grind out the wins team.

I like this new offense too though.

yes, i would have liked to see watson with a solid o-line. i always defended him because he lacked a good o-line, but at the end of the day, i guess that was his fault.

this offense does show a lot of promise. ton of young talent, and i think i will like the schemes.

I'd agree with that, almost all offenses are like that. Hopefully Husker fans will start to be more OK with being multiple than we have been in the recent past.

Zoogies, in the recent past SW's multiple meant doing "everything" and excelling at "nothing".

Nobody, absolutely "nobody" ever said or implied there wasn't many, many wrinkles, variables or options with TO's offense. The difference is that his offense had an "identity" that was running the ball. SW's offense had zero identity whatsoever.

It's quite obvious Beck is being true to his word about us being a "run first" offense. I know you hate that concept with every fiber of your being but you'll just have to hack it. As he's said "we'll hang out hat on running the ball". That's exactly what it looks like so far.

Again, your strawman argument about why people were disgusted with SW's "multiple" offense is completely & totally wrong.