We are not as bad as we looked tonight

First of all, we are by no means a great team. We have a very long way to go before we have any right to even start to say that.

However, from reading everything on this board I'd think nobody here bothered to watch the first half. We were right there in this game, dare I say looking good, for a quarter and a half. Then Martinez threw two INT's and we missed a field goal. We started the second half still very much in this game, before throwing another pick. The fans at one of the toughest stadiums in college football then got into our heads and we quit trying. That is not ok. We gave up and we should be ashamed of that.

But back to my point. Wisconsin did not start playing better in the second half. We played worse. We have a team that can play just as good as this Wisconsin team. God willing, we will meet this team again this year, and though we may not win that rematch, I promise you that it will be a much closer game then this mess.

Can't argue with that.

I don't think the season is that much of a loss for us. I think the offense will come back rebounded. Defense will get better, but still not up to standards. My outlook for the rest of the season.

Ohio State - this is going to be a good game, but i think we win this. Why? We play at home. OSU offensively doesn't look that good, defensively they don't look good, nothing compared to last year. If this game was played in Ohio, i would be worried, but since it is in Lincoln. I think we pull out the win.

Minnesota - Its a win

I think both Michigan State and Northwestern at home equal wins for us, though i think Michigan State will be much Ohio State, a very good game but still winnable.

Penn St. may be a rough start offensively for us, but i think this is another winnable game. Penn St. looks god awful on offense. Good news for our defense.

Michigan, unfortunately, if things haven't clicked for us defensively, its a loss. Too much power on offense.

Iowa, looks winnable at home.

First of all, we are by no means a great team. We have a very long way to go before we have any right to even start to say that.

However, from reading everything on this board I'd think nobody here bothered to watch the first half. We were right there in this game, dare I say looking good, for a quarter and a half. Then Martinez threw two INT's and we missed a field goal. We started the second half still very much in this game, before throwing another pick. The fans at one of the toughest stadiums in college football then got into our heads and we quit trying. That is not ok. We gave up and we should be ashamed of that.

But back to my point. Wisconsin did not start playing better in the second half. We played worse. We have a team that can play just as good as this Wisconsin team. God willing, we will meet this team again this year, and though we may not win that rematch, I promise you that it will be a much closer game then this mess.

It was both sides of the ball, it's like we had a game plan for the first qtr and a half and then one for the rest of the game. Defense was blitzing, agressive and fast at the beginning..then it all stopped. Our maybe Wis just wore us down,

I agree, OP.

We lost because instead of calling a gameplan that suited Martinez, we stuck to passing. Martinez is good for one interception a game, and when that happens you go back to the process. You don't go back to calling pass play after pass play.

But it could have also been worse -- the ball was fumbled 3 times (2 by NU & 1 by UW) and Nebraska got all 3. Imagine if the reverse were true.

I do agree with Enhance that the gameplan or playcalling (whichever it was) did not play to Nebraska's offensive strengths (or more specifically TMart's). That can be cleaned up quite a bit, but you guys have to take care of the ball a lot better.