This is why it hurts so much...

Just ran across this tweet and felt that it was related to "why it hurts so much..."

TravisLewis28 Travis Lewis

by ESPN_BigTen

I feel bad for nebraska . . Couldn't win In the big 12, then go to the big 10 and can't win. maybe conference usa would be a better fit

Who the hell is Travis Lewis?

Hello bulletin board material!

And that's real classy, Travis. Real classy.

Signing day decommit, was it? LB recruit - no, commit - for the Huskers a few years ago, jumped ship to Oklahoma on that promise of being given a shot at playing RB. Hope that shot was the best 30 seconds of his life ;)

Then again, he did get out of playing for Cosgrove, and he's an All-American, so I guess it didn't turn out so badly for him.

Just ran across this tweet and felt that it was related to "why it hurts so much..."

by ESPN_BigTen

I feel bad for nebraska . . Couldn't win In the big 12, then go to the big 10 and can't win. maybe conference usa would be a better fit

Wow, the Big Ten bloggers on ESPN actually retweeted that? That's trash. Shame on them.

Although, coming from ESPN, it doesn't really surprise me.

by ESPN_BigTen

Wow, the Big Ten bloggers on ESPN actually retweeted that? That's trash. Shame on them.

Although, coming from ESPN, it doesn't really surprise me.

Travis Lewis shouldn't be talking at all. He plays for a team that has choked in every major bowl game of the last decade. We'll see how cocky he is after Trent Richardson bowls him over 15 times, and that's IF Oklahoma even makes it that far.

Actually from the performances I saw during our first 4 games I half expected Wisconsin to come in and win by a minimum of 20 points at home. Once the rose colored glasses are removed one will notice that this Husker team has some very serious problems. The Offense is marginally better then last year, but I think our main offensive problem lies with it's on field leader. The O line is looking better, Berkhead is good as usual, the receivers and tightends are hard to judge. Why? because you have to get them the ball accurately to judge their effectiveness. For the most part though they seem to be creating distance and open passing oppertunities.

Martinez is an amazing athlete that should be playing WR or DB not leading a team down the field at the QB position imho. He simply doesn't have the mental fortitude or skill set to be a QB despite his Athletic prowess. This being his second year "on the job" it's even more apparent then last year.

The defense: Well lets face it we lost too much tallent in our secondary, and our LB's with the exception of Lavonte David haven't been good since Solich was fired (Dr. Tom's recruits). Personally I've felt since our game with Fresno that our Dline was overated and was only receiving acolades based on previous performances the last few years.

This Wisconsin game just made all of these problems (and more not mentioned) very very apparent. So this game didn't hurt as much as it confirmed my doubts about this years team. We have some good young tallent though and I think we'll be a force to be recokened with in time, once we find a QB and move Martinez to WR/DB.

Actually from the performances I saw during our first 4 games I half expected Wisconsin to come in and win by a minimum of 20 points at home. Once the rose colored glasses are removed one will notice that this Husker team has some very serious problems. The Offense is marginally better then last year, but I think our main offensive problem lies with it's on field leader. The O line is looking better, Berkhead is good as usual, the receivers and tightends are hard to judge. Why? because you have to get them the ball accurately to judge their effectiveness. For the most part though they seem to be creating distance and open passing oppertunities.

Martinez is an amazing athlete that should be playing WR or DB not leading a team down the field at the QB position imho. He simply doesn't have the mental fortitude or skill set to be a QB despite his Athletic prowess. This being his second year "on the job" it's even more apparent then last year.

The defense: Well lets face it we lost too much tallent in our secondary, and our LB's with the exception of Lavonte David haven't been good since Solich was fired (Dr. Tom's recruits). Personally I've felt since our game with Fresno that our Dline was overated and was only receiving acolades based on previous performances the last few years.

This Wisconsin game just made all of these problems (and more not mentioned) very very apparent. So this game didn't hurt as much as it confirmed my doubts about this years team. We have some good young tallent though and I think we'll be a force to be recokened with in time, once we find a QB and move Martinez to WR/DB.

How likely do you think it is that the coaches will move TMart to another position? Seems really unlikely to me. I agree that we need to try something new at QB... but you and I are, like all posters, just people with opinions and no autonomy. So... how likely do you think it is that the coaches... those with the autonomy... begin to seek other options at QB besides TMart? What will it take and when would a change take place.. based upon your perspectives. Again, I agree that we have some talent on this team and need to make a new move at QB... but what about the coaches views?

I wasn't a fan of the 15 straight passes but I agree that we had guys open. He's not making the right decisions. If the guys aren't open, use your checkdown. Rex was open in the flat a bunch of times. The TE/WR that came across underneath was open many times. Wisconsin plays deep. Take what they give you. Part of this is on the coaches they should be telling him this!!!!

I also thought the line did fine and Cotton's/Garrison Group is making progress unlike the secondary. Getting beat deep at the end of the first half for a TD is hard to fathom.

How likely do you think it is that the coaches will move TMart to another position? Seems really unlikely to me. I agree that we need to try something new at QB... but you and I are, like all posters, just people with opinions and no autonomy. So... how likely do you think it is that the coaches... those with the autonomy... begin to seek other options at QB besides TMart? What will it take and when would a change take place.. based upon your perspectives. Again, I agree that we have some talent on this team and need to make a new move at QB... but what about the coaches views?

I don't think we'll see a change. The sad thing is the coaches know what they have at the QB position and Martinez is the best we have. So until we recruit an actual QB who has the knowledge and fundamentals to play the position you will continue to see Martinez at QB. That and to bring in a freshmen even one with the right skill set to be a QB it's gonna take time to get him up to speed. So I think Martinez is the Huskers QB for the foreseeable future. I have nothing against Martinez. Like I said he's a tremendous talent (as a WR/DB). If he does make it to the NFL (3rd or 4rd), he'll be used as a DB or special teams imho.