The Real Big Red

Nothing and i mean NOTHING.........Pi**es me off more then when other teams call themselves Big Red. I heard it from iowa state a few years ago after they beat us in Jack Trice, and i just heard it from a Badger fan. That isnt something handed by a few years of success. Take the NC titles away and youve still had way more winning tradition then any of those 2 teams. I give credit where credit is due for wins and success, but you arent big red, youll never be big red, youll never even come CLOSE to what big red is. End Rant.

This whole thing started from that Just Another Team thread. Man that P***ed me off.

I actually view other teams saying that they're "the real Big Red" as a compliment to us. They are just jealous of the type of program we are lucky to have.

I have run into both Iowa State and Wisconsin fans who used the whole "real Big Red" with me. And my simple response to them is "5 National Championships, 3 Heisman Trophy Winners, over 300 consecutive home sellouts." That usually shuts them up pretty quick.

I actually view other teams saying that they're "the real Big Red" as a compliment to us. They are just jealous of the type of program we are lucky to have.

I have run into both Iowa State and Wisconsin fans who used the whole "real Big Red" with me. And my simple response to them is "5 National Championships, 3 Heisman Trophy Winners, over 300 consecutive home sellouts." That usually shuts them up pretty quick.

Yeah, well, we've got the world record for most stacked bowling balls. So there.

Yeah, well, we've got the world record for most stacked bowling balls. So there.

Really?! I didn't know that. That is actually pretty cool.

haha, Huskers telling Sconies about sell out streaks...that's cute. Should've gone a bit further north and tried that, would've been laughed out of town.

Actually, the Huskers are closer than you think to the Packers in terms of sellouts. Green Bay had 336 back in 2007.

haha, Huskers telling Sconies about sell out streaks...that's cute. Should've gone a bit further north and tried that, would've been laughed out of town.

Actually, the Huskers are closer than you think to the Packers in terms of sellouts. Green Bay had 336 back in 2007.

The popularly espoused sellout count for the Packers does not factor in games played in Milwaukee (also sell outs). Adjusted for these games the home streak is well over 400, and that streak started two years before the Huskers' so any way you choose to measure it we both know the finer points of streaking.

The popularly espoused sellout count for the Packers does not factor in games played in Milwaukee (also sell outs). Adjusted for these games the home streak is well over 400.

No, I did take that into account. Again, that number is from 2007 and the information is from a Yahoo Answers page, so I'm not standing behind it. Just wanted to put that out there.