Presser

It is a sad commentary on the state of the modern fan when a newspaper reporter who has gone out of his way to write incendiary articles gets more defense from Husker fans than our coach and the player the reporter targets.

I'm curious, how many people truly believe that reporters go out of their way to anger/criticize/demean/question/rile/etc. Bo?

absolutely! this is nothing new....heck ted william s lost the MVP one year because of it. the guy won the Triple Crown, along with leading the league in runs, walks, OBP, SLG and OPS

In the post-game radio show...

Bo: "We had some fans that chose to leave, and we have some fans that chose to boo, and our kids rallied through it."

If Bo was head coach at tOSU, his quote would've been, "We had fans that chose to leave, we had some fans that chose to boo, and we had fans that threatened to kill our quarterback, and our kids rallied through it."

In the post-game radio show...

Bo: "We had some fans that chose to leave, and we have some fans that chose to boo, and our kids rallied through it."

If Bo was head coach at tOSU, his quote would've been, "We had fans that chose to leave, we had some fans that chose to boo, and we had fans that threatened to kill our quarterback, and our kids rallied through it."

What's your point? That some of our fans aren't quite as lame as some of Ohio State's fans?

Who the hell cares what that failure thinks? Yes, NU has a handfull of ridiculous fans. Every school does. I didn't go to the game, but I wouldn't have booed. I wouldn't have called out anyone who did though. I was at that A&M game a few years ago that NU was down 37-0 at halftime, and I didn't boo. But I still didn't care that others did. I was pissed after the first half on Sat., as I'm sure everyone was. But I stuck with the game, and I'm glad I did. The team, and the fans at the game, rallied and got NU the win.

I understand that there may be some motivational value to the "circle the wagons" mentality, but I'm starting to worry about how much the players and coaches are calling out the media and fans. I don't think any member of the media crossed the line last week. I also think that an athlete or coach at that level should have learned by now that social media should basically be ignored.

• Fire 1

No discussion from me as of yet but I'll just leave a transcript of the last quarter of the presser here, in the interests of a discussion based not on half-quotes or misinformation.

--

Dirk: Hey Bo, what impressed you the most about Taylor tonight?

Bo: You watched the game. You figure it out, huh?... What do you think?

Dirk: I thought he played with a lot of poise.

Bo: Mm-hm. So do I. Especially considering, you know, the articles...and things you did, did everything you could to rattle the guy.

Dirk: Who did?

Bo: You. I read your article. Friday.

Dirk: What'd you think of the crowd at the end of the first half?

Bo: What do you think? I could care less.

Dirk: It looked like you went like 'this' to them at one point.

Bo: I didn't do anything of the sort.

Dirk: Did that motivate guys, I mean, hearing the boos going into the half?

Bo: Our team is motivated period.

Dirk: Do you think Taylor would have been able to do what he did ...

Bo: I'm done with you. Let's get somebody who asks a question that's worth answering.

Other guy: Can you talk about the bye week coming up, is this the perfect time?

Bo: What's that?

Other guy: Bye week? Can you talk about if this is a good time for the bye?

Bo: Yeah, I think this is a good time. I think our football team is about half way, I think they need a break. Mentally and physically.

Guy #3: What is the key to seizing momentum when it's there to be seized, what did you guys do to do that, really take full control?

Bo: We played better football. We executed. That's what the game comes down to, execution. Same group of guys who played the second half played the first half. We executed better in the second half, we didn't execute very well in the first half.

Guy #4: How does it feel to beat your alma mater?

Bo: It's not about me, it's about the football team.

Bo: Thank you. (Leaves)

(Applause)

http://www.omaha.com...ten-home-opener

Thanks for straightening that out. I got it wrong. Still don't care for Dirk's opinion pieces. And I read in the OWH this morning that the applause was from NU staffers.

And I read in the OWH this morning that the applause was from NU staffers.

That is not entirely true. There were members of the press corps clapping right along with them.

It's hardly surprising that the OWH would claim that, though. They're trying to protect Dirk. Kinda like Bo tries to protect his players.

The parallels between Dirk and Taylor are really interesting.

The article didn't seem like it was that bad. It didn't really say anything worse than what people were saying in message boards.

LOL.

Comparing professional journalism with message board banter. Nice one.

Dirk is a columnist. He writes his opinion just like we do here.

Writing his opinion down onto paper for other people to read is Dirk's job. That's the difference between him and us. Because of that, he should go about saying his opinions with a little more professionalism than he has been.