Husker hospitality

zeWilbur

We always hear how nice we are to other fan bases. This is is about how well we treat our own.

To the outstanding people it may concern,

If you were one of the people posting driving directions from Kansas City, Thank You.

If you were one of the tailgating groups that randomly stopped my girlfriend and I, then shared untold homemade deliciousness, Thank You.

If you were the guys with tickets in the 97th row and still grinned like idiots about being able to get seats, Thank you.

If you were the girls that played Cornhole with us (yep, that sounds really, really bad...), Thank You.

If you were the older couple to our right that helped my girlfriend with the words to the fight song while I was in the bathroom, Thank You.

If you were the (oh so slightly)portly gentlemen to our left that shared an extra poncho (we forgot to pack ours...), Thank You.

If you were one of the older people near me literally yelling at everyone to stand up and support the team, Thank You.

If you were the one who called out the woman for badmouthing the team during the second quarter, Thank You.

If you were in the student section singing/showing that Wisconsin is not the only fun game day atmosphere, Thank You.

If you were one of the people we saw downtown congratulating Ohio fans on a good game later that night while not being sarcastic, Thank You.

Finally, if you are one of the 85,000+ that helped me show my girlfriend(her first game!) what the Husker home game experience really is and why I cherish it, THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

A confirmed Husker fan for life.

• Fire 8

We always hear how nice we are to other fan bases. This is is about how well we treat our own.

To the outstanding people it may concern,

If you were one of the people posting driving directions from Kansas City, Thank You.

If you were one of the tailgating groups that randomly stopped my girlfriend and I, then shared untold homemade deliciousness, Thank You.

If you were the guys with tickets in the 97th row and still grinned like idiots about being able to get seats, Thank you.

If you were the girls that played Cornhole with us (yep, that sounds really, really bad...), Thank You.

If you were the older couple to our right that helped my girlfriend with the words to the fight song while I was in the bathroom, Thank You.

If you were the (oh so slightly)portly gentlemen to our left that shared an extra poncho (we forgot to pack ours...), Thank You.

If you were one of the older people near me literally yelling at everyone to stand up and support the team, Thank You.

If you were the one who called out the woman for badmouthing the team during the second quarter, Thank You.

If you were in the student section singing/showing that Wisconsin is not the only fun game day atmosphere, Thank You.

If you were one of the people we saw downtown congratulating Ohio fans on a good game later that night while not being sarcastic, Thank You.

Finally, if you are one of the 85,000+ that helped me show my girlfriend(her first game!) what the Husker home game experience really is and why I cherish it, THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

A confirmed Husker fan for life.

:thumbs

Yet another notch on the belt from a satisfied visitor. Glad you guys had a good time. See you in your place next year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong instead, but I read that as he is a husker fan and giving thanks for how they (and others) were treated.

=)

So did I. I was responding to the deluge of crap from other Nebraska fans about how horrible Nebraska fans are. We get posts like these after about every home game.

313977_2071944921193_1321980111_31802403_1175220700_n.jpg

Had the pleasure of meeting Larry 'Buckeyeman' Lokai on my way to my seat. Had a nice little chat and wished him good luck before he noticed Paul in the front row. We both immediately waved him down and I got him a pic and kept one for myself too. Thought I would share it with the nation. Larry is the man!