NU vs MU Gameday

Nate

Also I noticed with the Tech game we would switch the defense around after Tech set up for the play. Why didn't we do this against Mizzou? They were setting the offense against the defense after everything was lined up. Why not line up generically untill they set then switch to whatever once Mizzou was set. That allowed us to confuse Tech with coverage and I think it would have done the same with Mizzou

Although this team is much better than last year we have many of the same problems:

1. Turnovers (killed us in both losses)

2. dropped balls

3. our secondary gets lit up like christmas trees

4. dumb penalties (we rarely recover from false starts)

Lossing Octavian and Bradley has really hurt the LB core and makes Mckeon less effective

Rushing 3 and dropping 8 into coverage seems to get burned every time.

Where did Peterson and Swift come from. I like those guys (even though they both had some drops today).

Murtha needs to be starting at tackle

Brad Smith is the man. Pinkel's offense last year did the rest of the Big 12 a favor.

The rest of the season:

Oklahoma W (it will be close but we win bc/ we're at home)

Kansas and K State W

Colorado L

As much as Taylor has been getting blown up today, I was fully expecting this incompetent coaching staff :dumdum  to put Beck in there for the final drive, and burn his redshirt year.

Wow, that Overstreet is awesome!

Goes to show you how smart you are! Burn a red shirt for one series of game!!

If you read the post, I said I expected the incompetent coaching staff to do something this stupid :dumdum

Read it again, stud :wacko:

What Missouri ran today is not the option. the ran option plays a couple of times and we usually stopped them. I've never seen 5 wides in the option but I saw that a lot today from Missouri.

A dual threat QB is not the option. Although a dual threat QB is a great thing to have in the Big 12 and College football in general.

yeah, the late switch is an effective thing in fb... that's why the WCO is effective; checkdowns etc.

But it has nothing to do with WCO, it's just a manifestation of it. Even when you play a football video game, it's almost mathmatical, geometric, structural. you can change plays at the line of scrimage based on what you see, as per offense and defense.

Ultimately, it comes down to knowledge before hand, and ability at hand, and then atmospheric conditions like resolve and emotion.

Still........ as far as this game.....

I don't think NU was prepared enough. But more so, the players made mistakes on the field, and didn't capitalize when the other team did. That's all. That's really all there is to it. NU could have put up 41 points, too. They just didn't.

We need to get someone like him, but better, to play at NU in the future, so he can set records, etc...........

Aint gonna happen, the option is DEAD remember :wacko:

I know you really get your jollies out of being negative, but the reason for BS's success is that he is MORE than just a scrambling QB.

The NU's current offensive scheme has nothing to do with that. But I mean, I don't have any faith with you to stop your whinning, so please continue.

What Missouri ran today is not the option. the ran option plays a couple of times and we usually stopped them. I've never seen 5 wides in the option but I saw that a lot today from Missouri.

A dual threat QB is not the option. Although a dual threat QB is a great thing to have in the Big 12 and College football in general.

Mizzou ran quite a few plays that NU had success with when we were good: 5 wr's-qb draw (Frost-Frazier), shovel pass, and during MUs 97 yd TD drive, they ran 3-4 sprint options plays that picked up 7-11 yards per play.

Mizzou ran quite a few plays that NU had success with when we were good: 5 wr's-qb draw (Frost-Frazier), shovel pass, and during MUs 97 yd TD drive, they ran 3-4 sprint options plays that picked up 7-11 yards per play.

Those were also teams NOT coached by Frankie boy!

Those were also teams NOT coached by Frankie boy!

So, it still worked, didnt it :dumdum

Who cares who coached it??