NU vs MU Gameday

Nate

first off, come on guys get real acting like this toward your team, lighten up just a bit, it i missouri but still...man o man I cannot believe how good nebraska can make missouri look the last 2 times we have traveled to missouri, it is unreal...

I agree we made them look very good. It seems that we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with turnovers and penaties. My hat is off to Smith . He played a whale of a game.

I think the team did exactly what the coaches told them so I won't attack the team, but I have no issues laying this on the door of the coaches. Defense quit going after Smith as aggresivly as in the 2nd qtr. Offense decided that the pass was king and really didn't even try to establish the run once the score was tied up to give the defense a chance to rest.

The only complaint I have about the team itself was the Oline, but most of the sacks were off the edge and they just ran Ross over. Shoulda put a blocking back in there instead of Ross for passes (sorry but them backs were leveling Ross).

Like I said, growing pains. This team will win and win again. This team will make it to a bowl game.

Our two loses will stem from not being able to secure the ball, period.

Although the coaches do play a factor in the outcome of the game, they cannot be out there to make sure the guys hold onto the ball or push a lineman into postion to block a defender.

The kids had an off day. They were, for the most part, flat on both sides of the ball.

They will recover and route OU at home next weekend.

Brad Smith's speed has actually schooled the Blackshirts in preparation for OU's only weapon, AP.

We need to get someone like him, but better, to play at NU in the future, so he can set records, etc...........

But yeah, it sure iwll be nice to see him in the NFL next year. I will follow his career. Especially since he won't be against NU anymore !

That was a pretty good farewell game from Brad.......