The SEC is boring

Excel

Finebaum isn't my favorite SI writer but he hit the nail on the head with this one. The SEC for some reason seemsboring this year. Usually its a great league to watch but lately its just lifeless in my mind. There are two great teams, two or three ok-to-good teams and the rest are just kind of there. Bama and LSU really are "sucking the life" out of the SEC this year.

http://sportsillustr...ml?sct=cf_wr_a3

Don't tell any SEC fan that, it's only that way because Alabama and LSU are the two best teams EVER to play college football. Everyone else in the conference would beat all the best teams in the other conference. And when Bama and LSU play, the world will end because of their combined awesomeness exploding outwards.

Um full disclosure, I earned my undergrad from an SEC school remain a big fan and I still share Finebaum's opinion so there's one knock against that...yes many SEC fans are cocky but I like to think they're only the ones who make the most noise and thus get the most attention. When I was in school we watched damn near every game we could regardless of conference and while we thought we had the best league (and I still think that) we had a pretty healthy respect for teams outside the SEC.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like there isn't the super star type player in the conference this season. A.J. McCarron yawn. Jarret Lee Yawn. Florida still can't find a starter. Lattimore is out for the season.

Past seasons you get Mt. Cody, Cam Newton, Fairley, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Tebow.

After Trent Richardson I really don't get excited about anyone else in the conference.

Tons of talent this season, but no one stands out like in former seasons.

Like you said..Marcus Lattimore if he hadn't been injured...other than that no you're right, there are no show stoppers. That's almost the most impressive thing about about the sucess of Bama and LSU in that they're so well rounded. I

If you want to see standouts you have to look on the defensive side of the ball, lots of fun in that arena in the SEC this year...