Next Week is HUGE!!!!!!!

T_O_Bull

Also a lot of our top recruits will be visiting our college that week. What better way to visit than to have gameday at Lincoln :corndance

This. Our crowd needs to be at their best. I know this is the wrong thread but the fans have to blow our recruits away, particularly a young man from North Carolina. :-)

the team that beat the team that destroyed us. why am i not very confident we can hang with sparty?

You can't really use that logic too much. For instance, Michigan St beat Michigan who beat Notre Dame who beat Michigan St. Also, they beat Ohio St by 3 the week before we beat them by 7. Also, tonight was Wisconsin's first true road game and they looked a lot shakier than they have all season.

Now come on over and have some of my Kool Aid.

Knock them off and we've got an even Big Ten race busted wide open for everyone...lose and MSU just takes elite status and we all slide down a peg, Saturday is a MUST win

No... Next week has nothing to do with your team's status. It's a huge game in the Legends division, but Wisconsin is still far and away the favorite in the Leaders.

The biggest effect this game had on Nebraska is that it puts more pressure on us the rest of the season. We were going to have to beat MSU either way, but now we probably have to beat them AND win out.

Game on.

Knock them off and we've got an even Big Ten race busted wide open for everyone...lose and MSU just takes elite status and we all slide down a peg, Saturday is a MUST win

No... Next week has nothing to do with your team's status. It's a huge game in the Legends division, but Wisconsin is still far and away the favorite in the Leaders.

Ok then lose and see what happens. It matters.

Every game in the Big Ten affects every other team. It changes who we might play in the CG, it changes what we see in the media, we can pretend that it doesn't affect teams but it does, players keep up with other games and seeing MSU lose to a team they beat will make them think. It doesn't change the divisions but it does change the Big Ten.

Oh and as a side note, don't use those awful names, if we ignore them they'll go away.

Ok then lose and see what happens. It matters.

Every game in the Big Ten affects every other team. It changes who we might play in the CG, it changes what we see in the media, we can pretend that it doesn't affect teams but it does, players keep up with other games and seeing MSU lose to a team they beat will make them think. It doesn't change the divisions but it does change the Big Ten.

Oh and as a side note, don't use those awful names, if we ignore them they'll go away.

I don't understand why you guys wouldn't want another shot at MSU. They played well, but they were lucky at the end, and in college football it's always hard to win a rematch. Given, you guys blew us out when you played us and I'm sure you think you could do it again, but Nebraska probably has more room to improve between now and December than Wisconsin or MSU, and we would have the "rematch" advantage against UW...

If I were a Badger fan, I'd be rooting for Michigan State the rest of the way.

I don't understand why you guys wouldn't want another shot at MSU. They played well, but they were lucky at the end, and in college football it's always hard to win a rematch. Given, you guys blew us out when you played us and I'm sure you think you could do it again, but Nebraska probably has more room to improve between now and December than Wisconsin or MSU, and we would have the "rematch" advantage against UW...

The Big10 is funny - there are some teams that you just don't like playing. MSU always struggles against Iowa - look at last year, but for Iowa we win the conference. Overall they weren't great, but they kicked the Spartans A**. I swear that Iowa could be in the midst of a raging cholera epidemic, coached by Luther Van Damme and still squash us like a bug.

The Big10 is funny - there are some teams that you just don't like playing. MSU always struggles against Iowa - look at last year, but for Iowa we win the conference. Overall they weren't great, but they kicked the Spartans A**. I swear that Iowa could be in the midst of a raging cholera epidemic, coached by Luther Van Dam and still squash us like a bug.

This is beyond true...Wisconsin frequently gets tripped up at MSU and UW and Minn almost always play close regardless of the records. You can see this kind of thing throughout the conference.... I'm tired of playing the Spartans, losing to them 3 of the last 4 will do that. They spoiled yet another season.

The Big10 is funny - there are some teams that you just don't like playing. MSU always struggles against Iowa - look at last year, but for Iowa we win the conference. Overall they weren't great, but they kicked the Spartans A**. I swear that Iowa could be in the midst of a raging cholera epidemic, coached by Luther Van Dam and still squash us like a bug.

This is beyond true...Wisconsin frequently gets tripped up at MSU and UW and Minn almost always play close regardless of the records. You can see this kind of thing throughout the conference.... I'm tired of playing the Spartans, losing to them 3 of the last 4 will do that. They spoiled yet another season.

That's how we were with Texas in the Big 12. Even when we were better than them, they'd still beat us.

However, the one time we played them twice in the same season, we blew them out in the rematch. The Conference Championship Game can be a beautiful thing if you're looking for redemption.

Look at how much better we were than Washington last year (or this year). Holiday Bowl rematch? Not so much...

Sounds similar to Texas for us.