College Football Live: MSU more balanced than NU; will win.

They also talked about how MSU defense is pumped up due to Martinez comments.

If they need those comments to get pumped up for the biggest game of the year, then they have issues.

I'm sure they do not "need" them, but anyone will use it if they can find it. It says nothing about issues or not.

Think of it this way. MSU has to pass more, because they can't run as well.

It looks like MSU runs more often than they throw.

Of course our rushing attack is better, I am making no arguments to the contrary.

If they need those comments to get pumped up for the biggest game of the year, then they have issues.

I'm sure they do not "need" them, but anyone will use it if they can find it. It says nothing about issues or not.

Think of it this way. MSU has to pass more, because they can't run as well.

It looks like MSU runs more often than they throw.

Of course our rushing attack is better, I am making no arguments to the contrary.

Yeah, that should read "in comparison to NU." Sorry.

Because MSU is a running team, when they have been forced to pass and have been successful at it, they are perceived as being balanced. On the other hand Nebraska thinks of itself as a running team as well, but either hasn't been forced to pass or hasn't been as successful at it so they are "less balanced". You can read it two ways... either MSU isn't as good at running as they should be or Nebraska isn't as good at passing as they should be.

Heh...if they need those stupid interview quotes to get "pumped up" for this game they have a combined IQ of a gerbil. But zero chance that they do as they know full well how big this baby is.

GBR!!

I've come to realize over the years that "balanced" means three different things.

1) If you throw for more yards than you run, but you can still run OK, you're balanced.

2) If you run the football a lot, you're not balanced.

3) If you throw the football a lot, you need to work on being more balanced.

ESPN is not the only group of analysts that likes to throw the term "balanced" out there about as often as they do moxie.

Always remember this, however - Nebraska, throughout the last several decades when running the football has been the priority, has consistently been told they will lose games because they're not balanced. Time and again, Nebraska proved otherwise. I'm not saying this means Nebraska will win, but our fan base should be more than accustomed to hearing people say more balanced teams will beat us.

I've come to realize over the years that "balanced" means three different things.

1) If you throw for more yards than you run, but you can still run OK, you're balanced.

2) If you run the football a lot, you're not balanced.

3) If you throw the football a lot, you need to work on being more balanced.

ESPN is not the only group of analysts that likes to throw the term "balanced" out there about as often as they do moxie.

Always remember this, however - Nebraska, throughout the last several decades when running the football has been the priority, has consistently been told they will lose games because they're not balanced. Time and again, Nebraska proved otherwise. I'm not saying this means Nebraska will win, but our fan base should be more than accustomed to hearing people say more balanced teams will beat us.

The ABC/CBS/etc announcers in the 80s & 90s used to say the same thing endlessly....."We won't reach the championship level without being more balanced!". Thank Goodness TO didn't listen to them.....

GBR!!

The ABC/CBS/etc announcers in the 80s & 90s used to say the same thing endlessly....."We won't reach the championship level without being more balanced!". Thank Goodness TO didn't listen to them.....

GBR!!

It used to annoy the hell out of me way back then, too, but I didn't have a forum to bitch about it then hahah