which is better?

sd'sker

i was wondering what people thought about these two possibilities:

which would be better; NU getting to indy, losing, going to a second tier bowl, or NU finishing 10-2, missing out on indy, and going to a bcs bowl?

Personally....I would prefer NU get a BSC bowl bid...but the stars would have to really aligned for NU. Lose to Mich in Ann Arbor? Then have almost every top 10 team lose a game. It's highly doubtful.

which would be better; NU getting to indy, losing, going to a second tier bowl, or NU finishing 10-2, missing out on indy, and going to a bcs bowl?

I'll just throw this out there: it's not an option because if we don't win the B1G, it is highly unlikely that we would get a BCS bid given the perception of the conference.

I'll just throw this out there: it's not an option because if we don't win the B1G, it is highly unlikely that we would get a BCS bid given the perception of the conference.

it's a hypothetical. i wanted to ask which would be better, winning the B1G champ. or a bcs game.

A BCS victory would be better.

what about a bcs loss or a chance in indy (and with this hypothetical, winning does not mean a bcs bid).

A BCS victory would be better.

what about a bcs loss or a chance in indy (and with this hypothetical, winning does not mean a bcs bid).

Winning in Indy does mean a BCS bid.

boy oh boy, you guys struggle with a hypothetical. what i want to know is which is more meaningful, by itself in a vacuum, a bcs game or going to indy. and then, a bcs win or a win in indy.

Hypothetically... could we lose to Northwestern... then still play for the national championship?

no. not even hypothetically.