Are the PUB candidates shooting each other down to Obamas benefit ?

It'll be interesting to see how Cain looks after the next couple of weeks. If he survives this storm, then he has a great chance.

If he bows out, my guess is his support goes to Newt. I'm a Gary Johnson/Ron Paul guy too, but am hoping Cain or Newt can make it through, because I can't stomach even voting for Mitt or Perry.

The only way out of the mess we are in is by refusing to vote for anyone with a D or an R after their name.

He is the only candidate who is running that I can agree with anything on, but I also disagree with other stuff he wants to do.

I would like to see a Paul/Kucinich (Ind) ticket.

And I will admit that I don't know much about Gary Johnson.

Romney will win the nomination almost by default. Cain is flat out done with having settled three sexual harassment claims. And Perry looks more crazy by the day. All Romney has to do is sit back and not F it up by doing something stupid. He's the only one who even looks close to 'presidential.

Pub debates? You'll fit in well here.

This is a shakedown and as crazy as this sounds.......I think it may work out in his favor. A lot of people are tired of it. Obviously, we will know pretty shortly if I am right or wrong.

It still intrigues me that man that is so clearly being beating up by 'left' media and really has very little support from Fox News is doing so well in the polls. The AP articles have always been biased and there isn't a commentator on Fox right now that is really behind him. Fox had the biggest hard on for Palin and Bachman, but just can't seem to get behind Cain?

How is it a shakedown? The fact is he has three sexual harassment claims that he settled while working at the National Restaurant Association. No debate on that at all. There were confidentially agreements, but Cain may have violated those himself by mentioning details. And if anyone thinks its going to be much longer before the details on those come out.....

Is settling for a cash payout the same as being guilty? Not exactly, but its pretty close, and in the court of public opinion it may as well be a conviction.

Romney will win the nomination almost by default. Cain is flat out done with having settled three sexual harassment claims. And Perry looks more crazy by the day. All Romney has to do is sit back and not F it up by doing something stupid. He's the only one who even looks close to 'presidential.

Pub debates? You'll fit in well here.

This is a shakedown and as crazy as this sounds.......I think it may work out in his favor. A lot of people are tired of it. Obviously, we will know pretty shortly if I am right or wrong.

It still intrigues me that man that is so clearly being beating up by 'left' media and really has very little support from Fox News is doing so well in the polls. The AP articles have always been biased and there isn't a commentator on Fox right now that is really behind him. Fox had the biggest hard on for Palin and Bachman, but just can't seem to get behind Cain?

How is it a shakedown? The fact is he has three sexual harassment claims that he settled while working at the National Restaurant Association. No debate on that at all. There were confidentially agreements, but Cain may have violated those himself by mentioning details. And if anyone thinks its going to be much longer before the details on those come out.....

Is settling for a cash payout the same as being guilty? Not exactly, but its pretty close, and in the court of public opinion it may as well be a conviction.

The one that wants to talk (the one who wants more money) filed the claim shortly after he resigned. I'm sure Gloria Alred is beating down her door right now. The NRA settled which may or may not indicate anything. $35,000 or go to court, I guess that would be their call. I've seen it go both ways.

I would like to preface this by saying I haven't read any of the posts in this thread so far, and that I only recently read an article in the USA Today about the swing states, so forgive me if this has already been brought up or I appear ignorant, but...

I know Cain already has the harassment claims working against his campaign efforts, but I was reading this article and one quote in particular caught my eye:

"Considering the rotten basket of eggs he's got, he's done pretty well," agrees Louis Gonzales, 57, a "jack of all trades" from Denver. He says he and other Hispanics have been offended by the harsh rhetoric used by Republican presidential candidates on immigration issues, including Cain's suggestion that the United States build an electric fence across its Southern border. (Cain later said he was joking.)

"What if we put an electric fence across the Canadian border?" Gonzales asks. "Nobody is talking about that."

Are you kidding? This just struck me as, "WOW." We already know he has the harassment thing making him look questionable, and then I find out he actually whipped out this GEM in public? I know he's a pretty savvy businessman that looks like he could help the economy, but I personally just lost a ton of respect for him. We'll see if anything substantiates itself from the harassment claims, but the quote there is fairly concrete.

Here's the article for any interested:

http://www.usatoday....bama/51062622/1

Edit: Well, looks like we're discussing Cain. At least that makes my post somewhat relevant.

The only way out of the mess we are in is by refusing to vote for anyone with a D or an R after their name.

He is the only candidate who is running that I can agree with anything on, but I also disagree with other stuff he wants to do.

I would like to see a Paul/Kucinich (Ind) ticket.

And I will admit that I don't know much about Gary Johnson.

Paul doesn't seem to be anymore than "Hey, lets get rid of all rules and regulations, and let the greedy businesses do whatever they want, and it will all work out" And really, thats how we got into the mess we are in now in the first place.

Paul doesn't seem to be anymore than "Hey, lets get rid of all rules and regulations, and let the greedy businesses do whatever they want, and it will all work out" And really, thats how we got into the mess we are in now in the first place.

I like his foreign policy and his proposed audit of the Fed.

Other than that, he's a bit wacky.

I really don't like much of anything about the other candidates.

Some of his foreign policy sounds OK, but he really leans to the isolationist mentality we had back before the world wars. Locking down the borders and withdrawing from world politics never leads to anything good.

There's a difference between "Locking down the borders and withdrawing from world politics" and deciding that the USA shouldn't be using offensive military action to impose it's will on other countries. We have troops on the ground or supporting military action in how many countries right now? Can you even name them all? I doubt it because it's more than most people are aware of.

Some of his foreign policy sounds OK, but he really leans to the isolationist mentality we had back before the world wars. Locking down the borders and withdrawing from world politics never leads to anything good.

I don't see it as "isolationist" to not not be occupying and bombing several nations, and to have several hundred military bases all over the world.

Paul (from what I recall) has called for constructive engagement with the rest of the world, not a retreat from it.

I am with you on NEWT , RED .. I would vote for him also ...

It'll be interesting to see how Cain looks after the next couple of weeks. If he survives this storm, then he has a great chance.

If he bows out, my guess is his support goes to Newt. I'm a Gary Johnson/Ron Paul guy too, but am hoping Cain or Newt can make it through, because I can't stomach even voting for Mitt or Perry.

Last push to see who controls the vanishing oil ...

There's a difference between "Locking down the borders and withdrawing from world politics" and deciding that the USA shouldn't be using offensive military action to impose it's will on other countries. We have troops on the ground or supporting military action in how many countries right now? Can you even name them all? I doubt it because it's more than most people are aware of.

THAT AND LEGALIZING HEROIN !!!! Who do you know that would go out and do Heroin if it were legal ? COME ON .... :wacko:

I don't see it as "isolationist" to not not be occupying and bombing several nations, and to have several hundred military bases all over the world.

Paul (from what I recall) has called for constructive engagement with the rest of the world, not a retreat from it.

I am with you on NEWT , RED .. I would vote for him also ...

I won't vote for him in the primaries, but he's definitely someone I could get behind.

"Red" - you should quit trolling, you aren't very good at it. Just continuing on my mission to help you.