Coach Pelini is a great coach

The coach doesnt play the game , the players do . I am for Bo and will continue to support him and his staff and especially these players. We got some shady calls , seemed like NW was holding our D line all day , and we are thin up front on Defense , because of injuries. I am not going to be a fairweather fan , and I will continue to support Coach Pelini and his staff. Go Big Red !

Dont forget the Tom Osborne special is on Big 10 in around 10 minutes ..

• Fire 1

The coach doesnt play the game , the players do . I am for Bo and will continue to support him and his staff and especially these players. We got some shady calls , seemed like NW was holding our D line all day , and we are thin up front on Defense , because of injuries. I am not going to be a fairweather fan , and I will continue to support Coach Pelini and his staff. Go Big Red !

I also like Pelini..however he and the rest of the coaches sucked today and to even consider that any shady calls added to this is ridiculous. This was Northwestern..the game should not come down to shady calls.

I never said the refs decided the game , but there was alot of holding going on , I saw Meredith practically get tackled once , and the crowd and Pelini was pointing it out.

I also like Pelini..however he and the rest of the coaches sucked today and to even consider that any shady calls added to this is ridiculous. This was Northwestern..the game should not come down to shady calls.

Puegot can handle himself well , bring it on ....of course if you are going to be a jerk about it , take it to the Woodshed ....

I agree with you but I strongly suggest you put on some sort of flame-retardent clothing because the haters are going to going to come after you...with a vengeance

I support them also, but have to question why the team comes out so flat for teams we should beat the crap out of, this is Bo's job to motivate the team. There are to many times we just plain out look disinterested out there.

Remember Bo warned at the start of the end of the Michigan state game that Northwestern had a good team . He emphasized it all week long and evidently our team is tired and beat up from our brutal schedule.

Our schedule isn't going to get any easier from here on out. No coach is ever going to come out and say that their next opponent isn't good. That being said while Northwestern has a good team, they are one we should have taken behind the woodshed and whipped.

I like Pelini, but we got out coached plain and simple. He is a good coach, but i think a bit of a stretch to say his is "great". Great coaches win the big games, and motivate their players to win the gimme games. Big coaches win conference championships. Needless to say, Bo hasnt been able to do that.

The question is, can he become "great" before the fans run him out of town? T.O. will only be AD so long. Will the next AD be so forgiving and patient with his development as a coach?

I like Pelini, but we got out coached plain and simple. He is a good coach, but i think a bit of a stretch to say his is "great". Great coaches win the big games, and motivate their players to win the gimme games. Big coaches win conference championships. Needless to say, Bo hasnt been able to do that.

The question is, can he become "great" before the fans run him out of town? T.O. will only be AD so long. Will the next AD be so forgiving and patient with his development as a coach?

If he has to fire Bo, TO will retire right afterwords since he will have been 0-2 in coaching hires. It would also give his replacement a chance to chose his coach, in which makes perfect sense. Each AD has to have "their guy" unless that coach is an established winner like TO was. And TO was never going to be fired, that was just talk. Does anyone really think that Devany was going to fire his guy?

Even with his problems, a coach IMO needs to get at least 6 years before even being considered to be replaced. But with Bo's temper and they way he treats the media, he will have a short leash. The boosters that matter will make sure of that.

Well said my man.

Players deserve credit for the win, coaches deserve credit for losses. I know it seems weird, but I'm a true believer in it.

That said, Pelini has my full confidence. These players love him and the other coaches love him. We made a lot of changes on defense this year, especially in the coaching realm, and that takes time to gel. We also have a very, very, very young offense. It's not easy to be successful against great teams or poor teams when you're young and inexperienced.

I'm not that disappointed in this loss. It sucks, but I saw a lot of positives from this game today. I think Martinez played like an absolute leader. Found open receivers, made good plays with his feet and was obviously trying to get something going. He doesn't want to lose anymore than we do. He's a good kid and the team is full of them. I love this team and I love the direction we're going. But we set ourselves back this year with coaching changes and the loss of some key players, especially on defense.