So I'm reading lots of headlines about Dem wins in elections today...

Well, it is a little fishy finding votes in the back seat of a car and then counting them. That was one thing I found a little fishy. Are you trying to tell me you think Frankin won that seat straight up?!?!

That's what the election committee and the courts said... I have no reason to doubt them.

YOu don't doubt a liberal state finding in favor of a liberal politician. I hope you are that understanding whne it is a conservative who gets the benefit of the doubt. Liberal courts find for a liberal politician about some very fishy circumstances I for one am not that convinced. :xcuse

YOu don't doubt a liberal state finding in favor of a liberal politician. I hope you are that understanding whne it is a conservative who gets the benefit of the doubt. Liberal courts find for a liberal politician about some very fishy circumstances I for one am not that convinced.

The courts are out to get Republicans... just look at what they did to Bush in 2000!

the government not supplying free transportation to voting places is voter suppression. or not allowing people to vote from home or the alley in which they sleep in.

just sayin

I don't know about the government but the dems certainly made sure bums, felons, homeless, unregistered voters, illegals and anyone else who wanted a warm ride were transported to the polls for free. :nutz

I think that Bums, homeless people and unregistered voters are fine. If they can get them to vote there is nothing wrong with a citizen voting. I am not sure about felons, I think if you commit a felony you are not allowed to vote? Does anyone know if that is true? What irritates me are the phony and fraudulant voters and the illegals. How in the heck can you vote if you are not a citizen and if you don't exist, those two fire me up!! :dis

Voter fraud? What an absolute non-issue. My favorite example of this is when the Kansas Secretary of State complained about a "dead citizen who managed to vote in an election after his death" and that supposed dead citizen was later interviewed while raking leaves in his yard.

It's about vote suppression. Fraud is the (fake) angle the GOP is using to keep people from voting who hurt their electoral chances. It's well documented and I can provide sources if you would like me to do so.

That would be nice chuckleshuffle

Here is the most comprehensive article about the subject that I have read:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-gop-war-on-voting-20110830

Here is an article about Kobach's supposedly deceased voter:

http://www.kansas.com/2010/10/29/1562791/dead-folks-voting-at-least-ones.html

Now in return, I'd like some sort of source showing that there is rampant voter fraud. Please, and thank you.

Well, it is a little fishy finding votes in the back seat of a car and then counting them. That was one thing I found a little fishy. Are you trying to tell me you think Frankin won that seat straight up?!?!

That's what the election committee and the courts said... I have no reason to doubt them.

Read this article about liberal states like Missouri who refuse to purge their books of people who have either died or otherwise are ineligible to vote. Now how can you talk about the conservatives trying to stop people from voting when you have states who have more voters registered on their books then are actually registered voters in the state. :bad

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/07/14/john-lott-al-franken-senate-election-felons-fraud-vote-minnesota-majority-norm/

The Bush administration had tried to force states to address these concerns. In 2005, one-third of Missouri counties refused to purge voter roles, leaving more registered voters than voting age residents.

Or how about this b oBUMa:

Worse, there is some evidence that the Obama administration doesn't want to stop voter fraud. J. Christian Adams, a former career Justice Department lawyer, told the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights last week that Obama's Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes ordered Justice Department lawyers to drop all these cases. According to Adams, on November 30 last year Fernandes told 40 Justice Department lawyers: "We're not interested in those kind of cases. What do they have to do with helping increase minority access and turnout? We want to increase access to the ballot, not limit it."

the government not supplying free transportation to voting places is voter suppression. or not allowing people to vote from home or the alley in which they sleep in.

just sayin

I don't know about the government but the dems certainly made sure bums, felons, homeless, unregistered voters, illegals and anyone else who wanted a warm ride were transported to the polls for free. :nutz

I think that Bums, homeless people and unregistered voters are fine. If they can get them to vote there is nothing wrong with a citizen voting. I am not sure about felons, I think if you commit a felony you are not allowed to vote? Does anyone know if that is true? What irritates me are the phony and fraudulant voters and the illegals. How in the heck can you vote if you are not a citizen and if you don't exist, those two fire me up!! :dis

Voter fraud? What an absolute non-issue. My favorite example of this is when the Kansas Secretary of State complained about a "dead citizen who managed to vote in an election after his death" and that supposed dead citizen was later interviewed while raking leaves in his yard.

It's about vote suppression. Fraud is the (fake) angle the GOP is using to keep people from voting who hurt their electoral chances. It's well documented and I can provide sources if you would like me to do so.

http://www.rollingst...voting-20110830

http://www.kansas.co...least-ones.html

Now in return, I'd like some sort of source showing that there is rampant voter fraud. Please, and thank you.

Your mother taught you well, I like manners!! :wasted

Look at the Al frankin article and how Missouri and other liberal states refuse to purge names of dead people, felons, and illegals. I hope that help. you're welcome!!

He is a buffoon and a fraud. Plus, there is a strong likelihood he won the election illegally. I think he is an embarrassment to the US Senate (and that is in an institution that is hard to rise above many of the other contenders for that dubious and infamous honor).

You just answered that as if you were in the senate. :)

pwned.gif

Has anyone considered the irony that we've got people derping on Al Franken via an internet message board...while Al Franken fights off the so-called Net Neutrality attempts that would ultimately restrict access and traffic to these very same message boards?

It's just sad. Not Penn State sad, but sad.

just sayin

Look at the Al frankin article and how Missouri and other liberal states refuse to purge names of dead people, felons, and illegals. I hope that help. you're welcome!!

You might look into that a little deeper. Emotions don't help win arguments.

Do you know why deceased people might still be on voter rolls? If not, you might want to read about it.

You have offered no proof whatsoever about voter fraud. Show me that these registered dead voters are actually casting votes. Don't just show me the voter rolls. Show me the votes. Voter rolls prove nothing and 5 minutes of research will show you why a deceased person might still be on the rolls. I will give you one hint: fraud has nothing to do with it.

Worse, there is some evidence that the Obama administration doesn't want to stop voter fraud. J. Christian Adams, a former career Justice Department lawyer, told the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights last week that Obama's Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes ordered Justice Department lawyers to drop all these cases. According to Adams, on November 30 last year Fernandes told 40 Justice Department lawyers: "We're not interested in those kind of cases. What do they have to do with helping increase minority access and turnout? We want to increase access to the ballot, not limit it."

Good cite JR20... do you know who J. Christian Adams is?

http://mediamatters.org/research/201110030002

New Black Panthers Party fabulist J. Christian Adams is a long-time right-wing activist who began working for the U.S. Department of Justice during its notorious era of politicized hiring and now blogs for the right-wing media site Pajamas Media, often issuing false attacks on the Obama DOJ for its supposed politicization and "racial agenda." His forthcoming book, Injustice: Exposing The Racial Agenda Of The Obama Justice Department, promises to cover similar territory.

Good cite JR20... do you know who J. Christian Adams is?

http://mediamatters....ch/201110030002

New Black Panthers Party fabulist J. Christian Adams is a long-time right-wing activist who began working for the U.S. Department of Justice during its notorious era of politicized hiring and now blogs for the right-wing media site Pajamas Media, often issuing false attacks on the Obama DOJ for its supposed politicization and "racial agenda." His forthcoming book, Injustice: Exposing The Racial Agenda Of The Obama Justice Department, promises to cover similar territory.

no I can't say I know who he is?!?! :dunno

YOu don't doubt a liberal state finding in favor of a liberal politician. I hope you are that understanding whne it is a conservative who gets the benefit of the doubt. Liberal courts find for a liberal politician about some very fishy circumstances I for one am not that convinced. :xcuse

Come on JR...you're better than this. All you have is allegations that turned out to be nothing. Or do you have some evidence we don't know about? Or can you show how the courts or whoever ruled it was baseless were wrong? Have you done even a minimal amount of googling on this issue to see what really happened...or are you just going off of headlines and sound bytes? And I hope you hold libs as accountable to their accusations. ;)

just sayin

Do you know why deceased people might still be on voter rolls? If not, you might want to read about it.

You have offered no proof whatsoever about voter fraud. Show me that these registered dead voters are actually casting votes. Don't just show me the voter rolls. Show me the votes. Voter rolls prove nothing and 5 minutes of research will show you why a deceased person might still be on the rolls. I will give you one hint: fraud has nothing to do with it.

they may be on the rolls because procedures must be met before you can remove someone from the rolls. The question then becomes are they actively removing the dead names from the rolls? :ahhhhhhhh

just sayin

they may be on the rolls because procedures must be met before you can remove someone from the rolls. The question then becomes are they actively removing the dead names from the rolls? :ahhhhhhhh

When the question should be "who gives a damn if these dead people aren't casting votes?"

Nevertheless, conspiracies abound.

Has anyone considered the irony that we've got people derping on Al Franken via an internet message board...while Al Franken fights off the so-called Net Neutrality attempts that would ultimately restrict access and traffic to these very same message boards?

FYI - the Senate today shot down a Republican effort to stop the Federal Communications Commission from regulating the Internet through net neutrality. The vote was along part lines - 52-46.

FYI - the Senate today shot down a Republican effort to stop the Federal Communications Commission from regulating the Internet through net neutrality. The vote was along part lines - 52-46.

Good. You realize republicans are on the wrong side of that effort right? The FCC regulations don't go far enough but at least its a start and this is an issue Al Franken absolutely nails.

What bothers me about the whole thing is 99% of people don't seem to understand what net neutrality is, at all, or why it needs to be in place. There are other people that seem to think it's exactly the opposite of what it is.