Nebraska should boycott the game.

dvdcrr

Nebraska should not attend the game at Penn St. University this weekend. When you take the field against an opponent it needs to be against an honorable opponent. Yes there is honor in the game.

I am not convinced that the culture of apathy and secrecy at Penn St. has been abated.

I feel that in some way taking the field in a business as usual way does not acknowledge the wrong that has been committed there. I see no reason why this game should go forward. Oh there are immoral considerations such as money, but no. They handed the reigns to a 33 year veteran of the program. I don't see how that does anything to right the ship. McQueary is still on the staff as well.

Great idea. Let's punish the 99.9% of the PSU program (and punish the Nebraska players and fans while you're at it) who aren't involved in the scandal to send a message to the .1%. Let's get involved in something that's absolutely none of Nebraska's business while we're at it. :facepalm:

It's simple. Our team shows up. Their team shows up. Both sides take an opportunity, if only for those 60 minutes shown on the game clock, to step away from the circus. Life goes on.

I did not realize.

If your neighbors across the way had just been caught raping their children, would you go on over there for Sunday dinner and a game of catch as usual? Something just isn't right about it.

Terrible analogy.

Let's try this: If your neighbors are generally decent people, but one member of the household was caught raping a child, and was subsequently put in prison, would you hold it against the remaining members of the household?

Let me reiterate: you're advocating punishing innocent people because they have a distant association (by no choice of their own) with the guilty.