Boise

Excel

I get tired of everyone on the Boise bandwagon. They play a fairly difficult non-con schedule, but outside of TCU, who wouldn't they rape in their conference?

No, I'm sorry, they don't. A fairly difficult OCS is what LSU's done this year. Playing a sub-par UGA team that's the fifth best in their conference and suddenly they're National Championship material? If that's the measure for going to the MNC then send South Carolina.

This is Boise's strategy every year. Week 1 - Schedule game against a good but not elite BCS opponent...win that game close, then play nobody all year and get a BCS bowl. That's crap.

• Fire 2

I get tired of everyone on the Boise bandwagon. They play a fairly difficult non-con schedule, but outside of TCU, who wouldn't they rape in their conference?

No, I'm sorry, they don't. A fairly difficult OCS is what LSU's done this year. Playing a sub-par UGA team that's the fifth best in their conference and suddenly they're National Championship material? If that's the measure for going to the MNC then send South Carolina.

This is Boise's strategy every year. Week 1 - Schedule game against a good but not elite BCS opponent...win that game close, then play nobody all year and get a BCS bowl. That's crap.

Thank you. I feel like I'm taking Mugatu's crazy pills when people try to defend Boise. It would be like taking a MLB team, putting them in the lowest tier of the farm league system for the regular season, and them putting them directly into the World Series because they had a great record.

Of course they had a great record! They played the Burlington Bees and the Cedar Rapid Kernels all season! Meanwhile, the team that had to play the Yankees and the Rays and the Rangers all year gets bumped out because they have a worse record?

Makes...no...sense.

Plus, @Walks, good point...on top of which, TCU doesn't even have a great team this year. This year they're probably akin to, say, Illinois. They're a little above average.

Boise love...I just can't wrap my head around it.

Thank you. I feel like I'm taking Mugatu's crazy pills when people try to defend Boise. It would be like taking a MLB team, putting them in the lowest tier of the farm league system for the regular season, and them putting them directly into the World Series because they had a great record.

Nobody here is vehemently defending Boise, but your analogy illustrates what is wrong with CFB without a playoff.

And lol @ whoever said Georgia is a sub-par team this year. Good teams get better as the year goes along and they have a realistic chance of an SEC title.

Nobody here is vehemently defending Boise, but your analogy illustrates what is wrong with CFB without a playoff.

And lol @ whoever said Georgia is a sub-par team this year. Good teams get better as the year goes along and they have a realistic chance of an SEC title.

I said that and you can laugh but I know what I'm talking about. I lived for 10 years in that state, I still have legal residency there and I've been to more SEC games than I can count. That team is not living up to expectations and is sub-par for the SEC and UGA. They don't have a realistic chance of an SEC title, not even close. They will get to Atlanta but they will not win.

To claim they've gotten better is also a joke, this is, by and large, the same team that lost to Boise and USC, they just haven't played anyone since.

Given the recruits, the history of that program, the fan base and the support there's no reason the Dawgs shouldn't be a perennial top 10 program and up there with the likes of LSU, Bama and UF. This team is the definition of sub-par. They're not a top 15 team right now like they should be, they will be embarrassed in the SEC-CG.

:rant

No sh#t, man? :lol:

The tone of this thread is overwhelmingly anti-Boise. There is a significant portion of the CFB fan base who believe an undefeated Boise team deserves a slot in the MNC game, however. Those are the people I was referring to.

To claim they've gotten better is also a joke, this is, by and large, the same team that lost to Boise and USC, they just haven't played anyone since.

They are in the top 15 this week, and I don't see how the team that let SC rush for 250 and 45 points at home is the same team that only allowed Auburn 50 and 7 points on the road. That's 30 less yards than LSU allowed against Auburn. Also, you preclude the possibility that a well prepared Boise is a good team.

There is a significant portion of the CFB fan base who believe an undefeated Boise team deserves a slot in the MNC game, however. Those are the people I was referring to.

Where are they? It's the same story on every fan forum I've visited.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Losing Kellen there is going to be a step drop off for Boise next year and if they do go to the new Big East it will just been the same debates.

They are in the top 15 this week, and I don't see how the team that let SC rush for 250 and 45 points at home is the same team that only allowed Auburn 50 and 7 points on the road. That's 30 less yards than LSU allowed against Auburn. Also, you preclude the possibility that a well prepared Boise is a good team.

That USC team (before a rash of injuries) was much better than the Auburn team that's been absolutely sucking ass lately...oh and the game was played between the Hedges...not at the University of West Georgia.

Well, that mighty SC team lost to Auburn a few weeks later. These are pointless who beat who comparisons though. I think you're in the minority believing that Georgia isn't any better, and within the context of lopsided CCG's on paper crazier things have happened.

I just find it humorous thinking that if Boise had won out, and if Georgia did somehow win the SEC title, people would still be moving the goal post vis-a-vis Boise.

There is a significant portion of the CFB fan base who believe an undefeated Boise team deserves a slot in the MNC game, however. Those are the people I was referring to.

Where are they? It's the same story on every fan forum I've visited.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Losing Kellen there is going to be a step drop off for Boise next year and if they do go to the new Big East it will just been the same debates.

:lol: What? Are you seriously claiming that I'm inventing some phantom support for Boise that doesn't really exist? I've had this debate on THIS board before...I guess I don't know where you were.

Kellen Moore is a good college quarterback, though. I agree with you on at least that point.

Do Boise fans actually exist? I've never met one....I'm beginning to think that they're really just some sham invented for our entertainment and as an outlet for our anger. I mean...how many of you had heard of this supposed school before 2000 or so. I think ESPN is playing a real funny trick on us....

Are you seriously claiming that I'm inventing some phantom support for Boise that doesn't really exist?

No, I just think that the only real support you see for them outside their small fan base are random people, such as me, who tacitly support them as party crashers.

And yes, I do suspect that ESPN does give an abnormal amount of talk time to non-AQ's because they too are praying for chaos in the hopes of a serious debate taking hold.

Are you seriously claiming that I'm inventing some phantom support for Boise that doesn't really exist?

I am, well at least I'm claiming that ESPN is inventing Boise....come to think of it I'm not entirely convinced the state of Idaho actually exists, I mean sure supposedly we get their potatoes but that could easily be faked.