Occupy Portland: What do you do when you see a sexual assault?

They only said sexual assault not rape. You included rape in your post...so just clearing that up.

I'll ignore the part about what is dif between this and PSU because its obvious the differences are huge...so I'll just go to the meat of the matter. Is it ok for them to no report sex assault to police if the victim doesn't want them to? I would say it's a case by case thing. If some guy grabs a girl's butt...boob...I'd say it's ok to keep it private if that is want the girl wants. Penetrating her or anything extreme would probably be different. Of course at a certain point you contact police and from the sound of these people they would agree.

What is wrong with you? It is OK to grab a girls but or boob? They did not say that in the video they said they DON'T want you to report it. They are trying to discourage them from reporting it!!!

By the way how many times did you hear this during the tea party rallies? Oh yeah if you could please refrain from reporting crimes we would appreciate it. What a bunch of hypocrites if you have bashed the tea party in any way and are now sticking up for these jerk offs!! :nutz

If you see a guy grab a girls butt in a bar, do you report it to the police?

Probably not, but I also don't sidle up to her and ask her to keep it to herself.

But let's drop the BS. It has been widely reported that the OWS organizers have "encouraged" women to not report rape to the cops. We are not talking about fondling, or jaywalking, or tearing tags off of pillows and mattresses that don't belong to you. The subject is rape.

You should have posted the story on that then. I'm just commenting on what you posted. Do I think people should report to people when they are raped? I hope they would but it's their choice, I guess. I don't think they should be told to not report it though...do you have a link to an article on this?

I've posted numerous links...find the one that suits your purpose.

Didn't see any. We can continue the discussion if you point me to one. If not I guess we can end the discussion.

Then end it...