Occupy Portland: What do you do when you see a sexual assault?

They only said sexual assault not rape. You included rape in your post...so just clearing that up.

I'll ignore the part about what is dif between this and PSU because its obvious the differences are huge...so I'll just go to the meat of the matter. Is it ok for them to no report sex assault to police if the victim doesn't want them to? I would say it's a case by case thing. If some guy grabs a girl's butt...boob...I'd say it's ok to keep it private if that is want the girl wants. Penetrating her or anything extreme would probably be different. Of course at a certain point you contact police and from the sound of these people they would agree.

They only said sexual assault not rape. You included rape in your post...so just clearing that up.

I'll ignore the part about what is dif between this and PSU because its obvious the differences are huge...so I'll just go to the meat of the matter. Is it ok for them to no report sex assault to police if the victim doesn't want them to? I would say it's a case by case thing. If some guy grabs a girl's butt...boob...I'd say it's ok to keep it private if that is want the girl wants. Penetrating her or anything extreme would probably be different. Of course at a certain point you contact police and from the sound of these people they would agree.

Spin as much as you like, but encouraging people not to report a crime is wrong. That's true whether in Pennsylvania, California, or New York. As for keeping it private, if someone grabs your boob or butt, I suppose that's a woman's right. Just don't show up 20 years later at a press conference with Gloria Allred claiming that you have traumatized for the past 20 years and need to bring down someone's political career (or you need cash) to assuage your everlasting pain.

Now, explain to us how not reporting rape at OWS gatherings (there have been rapes, haven't there?) is different from not reporting rapes at PSU? Now, if they were not referring to rape in the video, what were they referring to? Fondling? Isn't it strange how this movement is forcing women to re-think this whole rape "thingy"? If it happens to you in a tent in Zuccotti Park, it's no big deal.

What is wrong with you? It is OK to grab a girls but or boob? They did not say that in the video they said they DON'T want you to report it. They are trying to discourage them from reporting it!!!

By the way how many times did you hear this during the tea party rallies? Oh yeah if you could please refrain from reporting crimes we would appreciate it. What a bunch of hypocrites if you have bashed the tea party in any way and are now sticking up for these jerk offs!! :nutz

Spin as much as you like, but encouraging people not to report a crime is wrong. That's true whether in Pennsylvania, California, or New York. As for keeping it private, if someone grabs your boob or butt, I suppose that's a woman's right. Just don't show up 20 years later at a press conference with Gloria Allred claiming that you have traumatized for the past 20 years and need to bring down someone's political career (or you need cash) to assuage your everlasting pain.

Now, explain to us how not reporting rape at OWS gatherings (there have been rapes, haven't there?) is different from not reporting rapes at PSU? Now, if they were not referring to rape in the video, what were they referring to? Fondling? Isn't it strange how this movement is forcing women to re-think this whole rape "thingy"? If it happens to you in a tent in Zuccotti Park, it's no big deal.

I was only commenting on the video. They never said don't report rape to police. I of course think if you witness a rape you should report it. However, I also know many victims of rape and even their family/friends don't report rape outside of OWS.

How is it different from PSU? So that is a serious comparison of yours? Well the most obvious difference is PSU involved children.

What is wrong with you? It is OK to grab a girls but or boob? They did not say that in the video they said they DON'T want you to report it. They are trying to discourage them from reporting it!!!

By the way how many times did you hear this during the tea party rallies? Oh yeah if you could please refrain from reporting crimes we would appreciate it. What a bunch of hypocrites if you have bashed the tea party in any way and are now sticking up for these jerk offs!! :nutz

If you see a guy grab a girls butt in a bar, do you report it to the police?

I was only commenting on the video. They never said don't report rape to police. I of course think if you witness a rape you should report it. However, I also know many victims of rape and even their family/friends don't report rape outside of OWS.

How is it different from PSU? So that is a serious comparison of yours? Well the most obvious difference is PSU involved children.

Oh, I get it. Reporting depends on the age of the victim. Does your reasoning apply to murder too?

I don't grab a girl's butt in the bar, sounds like you have a problem!! :ahhhhhhhh

Probably not, but I also don't sidle up to her and ask her to keep it to herself.

But let's drop the BS. It has been widely reported that the OWS organizers have "encouraged" women to not report rape to the cops. We are not talking about fondling, or jaywalking, or tearing tags off of pillows and mattresses that don't belong to you. The subject is rape.

Ah...there are reports that runaways are staying at these events how young I don't know but you can bet some ar econsidered CHILDREN!! I love how you defend these guys yet you trashed the tea party!! There wasn't anything near the violence and mayhem as a matter of fact there wasn't ANY violence but the liberal media sure thought there was now didn't they. Oh I fogot they are unbiased in their coverage HA! HA! Tell me that isn't the biggest joke. :rollin

Ah...there are reports that runaways are staying at these events how young I don't know but you can bet some ar econsidered CHILDREN!! I love how you defend these guys yet you trashed the tea party!! There wasn't anything near the violence and mayhem as a matter of fact there wasn't ANY violence but the liberal media sure thought there was now didn't they. Oh I fogot they are unbiased in their coverage HA! HA! Tell me that isn't the biggest joke. :rollin

You apparently missed the day of English class when you only use plural nouns in the event that there are more than one of something.

There's only been one report of a runaway, here in Dallas, and she's been a habitual runaway. I fail to see how that translates into 'reports' of 'runaways', but then again, I don't regurgitate derp from partisan news sites.

You apparently missed the day of English class when you only use plural nouns in the event that there are more than one of something.

There's only been one report of a runaway, here in Dallas, and she's been a habitual runaway. I fail to see how that translates into 'reports' of 'runaways', but then again, I don't regurgitate derp from partisan news sites.

Heck, if there has only one minor that has been raped, that's within acceptable levels. Better than refugee camps, anyhow.

Heck, if there has only one minor that has been raped, that's within acceptable levels. Better than refugee camps, anyhow.

Wow, you completely can't come up with a response, links, or information, so you make your own leap in logic to create an ad hominem?

Oh well, at least someone has a good sig line. Just make sure they give you proper credit, m'kay?