where is herian

godd2

He broke his leg and his wrist. I guess he just isn't at 100 percent and is probably going to use his redshirt year.

Broke his wrist too???? :blink:

If he would comeback at this point, it would be kind of worthless, kind of a waste. He would only be able to contribute in 4 (maybe 5) games, and he certainly wouldnt be at 100%.

Build for the future.

If Matt Herian ever plays football again he will consider himself fortunate. The type of break he had was basically an amputation below the knee. At the very least we should not expect him to play at the level he once did.

Hard and cruel but the truth.

I hate to say it, but I agree. If he was making any progress at all, they would have said something.

They haven't even mentioned him redshirting, so that makes things seem bad.

I wish him all the Big Red luck in the world to make it back out on to the field. Go out fighting :box

If I am correct it would be a medical redshirt and they can not apply for it until after the year ends. I think that is the intention if it is what Matt wants.

I have coached, trained world class Motocross racers. World class mountain bikers. I have dealt with many fractures of the leg. Not terrible hard to come back from a broken lower leg. Femur becomes a different deal. Depends on pins or traction and time in the cast on a femur.

Matt had a compound fracture of the tibia and fibia. He also broke and dislocated his wrist.

But compound fractures are not only very painful but mentally scarring. It takes much longer for the athlete to mentally recover, if ever from seeing the bone sticking out of his body. I posted early in the year that the chances of him seeing the field this year were minimum. I think that he is on the travel squad even though injured. That indicates the staff still have hopes for him, or are trying to overcome the mental problem. In honesty dealing with this injury is much more mental than physical.

They haven't even mentioned him redshirting, so that makes things seem bad.

I agree with most of what you said, except for the not metioning a redshirt. Callahan has said over and over that he doesn't make decisions about redshirts in advance, therefore Herian's situation would be just like everyone else's. I do think he will redshirt this year and hopefully he can get back to at least 80% of what he was, because even at that he is an improvement over what we have.

Also, I'm not sure of this but I believe he played as a true freshman, therefore he still has a year for a normal redshirt (all players out of high school get 5 years to play 4) But again, I'm not completely sure if he played his freshman year, but i thought I remembered that he did.

Also, I'm not sure of this but I believe he played as a true freshman, therefore he still has a year for a normal redshirt (all players out of high school get 5 years to play 4) But again, I'm not completely sure if he played his freshman year, but i thought I remembered that he did.

I am pretty sure you are correct as well.

I've heard he's been practicing about 2-3 times per week with the team but he still has some lingering pain in his leg, so they've been keeping him out just as a precaution. It would be nice if another tight end would show up on game day, the most I've seen out of that position are some pretty bad ass shifts before the snap. :wtf