I'm Taking this Season in Stride . . .

Sadly if we play any team in the top 25 chalk up another L in our bowl game, and Iowa will give us as much as we can handle...and they are not that good either.

OH MY GOD. 6 hours ago people were talking about getting a win against Michigan possibly bcs bowl. Now we're gonna lose out and cant compete with top 25 teams? Get a grip.

I am just giving my opinion on what I saw out there today, I unfortunately have a pretty good grip on the team I think. Iowa is a must win game and at this point it is a toss up...they are not a top 25 team either. I wish I could be more positive, but it is what it is.

This team is so bi-polar. Playing good one week and stinking it up the next. I think we will beat Iowa just based on the roller coaster we are on.

Just like its fans....no offense intended but holy sh#t does the attitude of this board change from week to week. Two weeks ago, "The Sky is falling!", last week "BCS Bowl here we come"...now "rabble rabble rabble...kill Bo, run the team out of town etc"

The sky isn't falling, there have been signs all year that our defense is subpar up front and really at every level....We might have received a break playing PSU when we did, and Ohio State losing their QB was definitely a shot in the arm in that game...At the end of the day though we have to be competitive, if not there will be unrest at NU. We NEED to win VS. Iowa that is a MUST win game now IMO.

One thing I found interesting was today during our game, which was at the same time as Wisconsin's, your name was on the bottom as following our game thread...I take it you don't follow Wisconsin's games as closely as ours, just curious on that?

Sadly if we play any team in the top 25 chalk up another L in our bowl game, and Iowa will give us as much as we can handle...and they are not that good either.

OH MY GOD. 6 hours ago people were talking about getting a win against Michigan possibly bcs bowl. Now we're gonna lose out and cant compete with top 25 teams? Get a grip.

I am just giving my opinion on what I saw out there today, I unfortunately have a pretty good grip on the team I think. Iowa is a must win game and at this point it is a toss up...they are not a top 25 team either. I wish I could be more positive, but it is what it is.

This team is so bi-polar. Playing good one week and stinking it up the next. I think we will beat Iowa just based on the roller coaster we are on.

Just like its fans....no offense intended but holy sh#t does the attitude of this board change from week to week. Two weeks ago, "The Sky is falling!", last week "BCS Bowl here we come"...now "rabble rabble rabble...kill Bo, run the team out of town etc"

The sky isn't falling, there have been signs all year that our defense is subpar up front and really at every level....We might have received a break playing PSU when we did, and Ohio State losing their QB was definitely a shot in the arm in that game...At the end of the day though we have to be competitive, if not there will be unrest at NU. We NEED to win VS. Iowa that is a MUST win game now IMO.

One thing I found interesting was today during our game, which was at the same time as Wisconsin's, your name was on the bottom as following our game thread...I take it you don't follow Wisconsin's games as closely as ours, just curious on that?

I devote much more of my time to UW games and follow them much more closely than NU, that's not to say I don't follow NU because I do, and much more intently than I did before I joined this board but because of the gametimes I didn't get to watch both and opted for the Badgers. My name probably appeared because I posted a few things before the game started about Corso's cursing and just left the tab open on my browser but if you read through it I wasn't all that active in that tread.

Don't think that my posting on here somehow makes me a Husker fan or any less of a UW fan...I enjoy this board because of the personalities and CFB IQ, not necessarily because of the team and I'm a member of several different boards for similar reasons. Just because I happen to post a few things about your games or because I don't babble on endlessly about my team's superiority doesn't mean I'm in your camp. chuckleshuffle

I devote much more of my time to UW games and follow them much more closely than NU, that's not to say I don't follow NU because I do, and much more intently than I did before I joined this board but because of the gametimes I didn't get to watch both and opted for the Badgers. My name probably appeared because I posted a few things before the game started about Corso's cursing and just left the tab open on my browser but if you read through it I wasn't all that active in that tread.

Don't think that my posting on here somehow makes me a Husker fan or any less of a UW fan...I enjoy this board because of the personalities and CFB IQ, not necessarily because of the team and I'm a member of several different boards for similar reasons. Just because I happen to post a few things about your games or because I don't babble on endlessly about my team's superiority doesn't mean I'm in your camp. chuckleshuffle

I have found your presence very uplifting.

Number one long term problem is our lack of identity, by design, on offense. When our OC calls our offense a mutt, we have serious problems. That is why we are "bi-polar", that is why we are inconsistent, that is why we have execution issues. A team cannot have attention to detail when they do basically everything. We had this problem under Wats and we still have it this season. Many things have gotten much better with Beck at OC, but our philosophy is busted.

Just to once again try to get people to get over this issue, NU's offense is multiple. Multiple is EXACTLY what Bo wants. One of the first questions asked at his presser upon being hired was what kind of offense he wanted. His answer was MULTIPLE.

This always comes out after a loss. However, it is what Bo wanted, so I guess in some people's eyes that will be another reason to get rid of him.

Why would I get over the issue that I believe is our number one problem when that issue has not been fixed. I totally agree with you that it is exactly what Bo want's. I never pointed the finger at anyone, but if your pointing it at Bo, I'd have to agree. Regardless of who is at fault for that offensive philosophy, I don't think we have big success until that philosophy is gone.

And now I am giving my opinion on what I saw out there today and from the team this year. I think we will still be able to compete with teams ranked 11-119 more times than we won't. I unfortunately have a pretty good grip on this team as well, I think.

I'm sure you have found that the only ones who are reasonable to deal with are those that show up here nearly every 2-4 days of every week.