Have Kiper and McShay even watched Lavonte David play?

Cornicator

This isn't really intended to be a bash the NFL Draft experts thread. That's not my point, but is it possible they're making too much of a big deal about David's size?

At 6'1 225, he is smaller than most NFL weakside backers. And if the NFL wants to downgrade him because of his stature, then that's just the nature of the league. But film does not lie. He is a dominant defensive football player, and arguably the most productive linebacker (from a statistical standpoint) in college football... right now.

McShay doesn't even have David ranked as one of his top 10 Senior Linebackers. Kiper has David as a 4th rounder. Usually when a productive offensive or defensive player is downgraded out of college its due to their athleticsm... or lack thereof. That's not the case for David.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the NFL guys are making a mistake with this guy.

Honestly, ever since that GM from the colts (can't remember his name) called Kiper out on National television, I pretty much laugh at whatever he says. Truth be told, you don't know until you strap em up. But, David is a player. May be undersized, but the kid can flat out play. Look at Dumervil in Denver, he's done fine. Nguyen played with my beloved Cowboys and did fine. He was 5'11. What about Zach Thomas?? I think he will be fine, but be a sleeper pick.