First Year since realignment

Excel

With the close of NU Big Ten play...  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing I like about being in the Big 10 is not having to pay to see games. Since we're strictly basing things off of this year, I'm not real fond of how the conference performed. The Big 10 is the 4th best conference out of the 5 automatic qualifying conferences. The Penn State mess also somewhat puts a blackeye on things this year as well. With Urban Meyer going to Ohio State, the future of the conference as a whole looks bright. I'm still a little concerned about recruiting, but I won't lay this at the feet of the conference.

• Fire 1

I like it. New is always interesting and getting to know these teams that we have not played (or played much) in the past --- and getting to know a segment of their fan-base (those, like Badgerfan and others who post here) is fun.

Only time will tell if the move was good, bad, or neither good nor bad but only different.

But for now, I like it --- NU really had no prevailing meaningful rivalries in the B12 --- I guess Colorado and Missouri were rivals of a sort --- but not overly meaningful a rivalry. Oklahoma and NU historically had a rivalry... but with time it diminished greatly. So... with the B1G the hope is that we might emerge alongside one or several historic B10 programs and meaningful rivalries might develop. That hopeful expectation is good too.

Glad NU is in the B1G.

The thing I like about being in the Big 10 is not having to pay to see games. Since we're strictly basing things off of this year, I'm not real fond of how the conference performed. The Big 10 is the 4th best conference out of the 5 automatic qualifying conferences. The Penn State mess also somewhat puts a blackeye on things this year as well. With Urban Meyer going to Ohio State, the future of the conference as a whole looks bright. I'm still a little concerned about recruiting, but I won't lay this at the feet of the conference.

i think the BIG is better then both the Big East and the ACC, sure they have VT, FSU, and Clemson, but the BIG has Nebraska, OSU,Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Iowa, from top to bottom the BIG is pretty competitive with the other conferences except the SEC

i think the BIG is better then both the Big East and the ACC, sure they have VT, FSU, and Clemson, but the BIG has Nebraska, OSU,Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Iowa, from top to bottom the BIG is pretty competitive with the other conferences except the SEC

On time average I think that is true.

As for the SEC... they were not always, by any means, the alpha-male of the herd as they are today. Things like this tend to change with time. I hope the SEC stranglehold on college football comes to an end soon. Admittedly, there is nothing to suggest that they will come down to earth anytime soon.. but lest hope so.

But... agreed, apart from the current SEC, I'd guess over time and in the immediate future the B1G is pretty much like the others +/- very little.

Like the B1G a lot.

Pros

- No PPV & all games televised

- No Texass and no longhorns and no burnt orange and no Buffs

-Fewer easy opponents to roll should make us better in the long run

-Culture seems to match better

-Much better for the University (money, prestige,research,etc)

-I have always had quite a bit of respect for Big Ten schools. I look forward to some of that growing while some are bound to turn towards bitter rival hatred.

Cons

-Some behavorial things at some of the B1G venues. I'll reserve full judgement until I experience them myself.

-I will miss Oklahoma games and really not much else from the Big 12

-Probably gonna have to get used to getting upset by mid to lower level teams more often (i.e. Northwestern) but paybacks should be fun.

We had great showing in the All Big Ten team considering it is our first year.

hehe I see what you did there. ;)

----

Me likely the B1G. Better logo.

It may be better than the Big XII's in your opinion but this is one thing I hate about NU having joined. Granted it wasn't NU's fault, it would've happened no matter who we added but still....

If this....

big-ten-12-14.jpg

... were a person I'd kill them.

Absolutely disgusting. I hate the logo and I hate the divisions.

Thanks a lot for ruining everything Huskers :leghump:

It may be better than the Big XII's in your opinion but this is one thing I hate about NU having joined. Granted it wasn't NU's fault, it would've happened no matter who we added but still....

If this....

big-ten-12-14.jpg

Bah... you're just a silly 'old' Big Ten person who isn't used to divisions or conference title games. The Legends/Leaders thing sounded stupid at first, but it's growing on me.

I think as time goes by you'll learn to accept you're in the crappy division enjoy the divisions!

--

This reminds me. One thing I don't like about the B1G is all the sharing. WAY TOO MANY teams claim conference championships when it was shared by another team or two or three.

Now that we have arrived and given you the gift of a CCG, you can start counting actual championships.

There also seems to be a lot of sharing of the 'players of the week' awards..

--

Oh and yeah, THAT logo sucks, but the B1G by itself is cool.

Go B1G Red! - even better!

If this....

big-ten-12-14.jpg

Bah... you're just a silly 'old' Big Ten person who isn't used to divisions or conference title games. The Legends/Leaders thing sounded stupid at first, but it's growing on me.

I think as time goes by you'll learn to accept you're in the crappy division enjoy the divisions!

--

This reminds me. One thing I don't like about the B1G is all the sharing. WAY TOO MANY teams claim conference championships when it was shared by another team or two or three.

Now that we have arrived and given you the gift of a CCG, you can start counting actual championships.

There also seems to be a lot of sharing of the 'players of the week' awards..

--

Oh and yeah, THAT logo sucks, but the B1G by itself is cool.

Go B1G Red! - even better!

I hate you for that.

I've always felt the B1G was a weaker conference ... atleast to the Big12. It was especially so this year. Being in the B1G this year saved the Huskers from appearing like we took a step back this year. The conference was so weak and ripped apart by scandal that our deficiencies didn't show as much. It's more of a "trench" conference which we all know and overall this conference is a good fit for us. I'll be curious to see how Meyer changes the "type" of football played and perhaps the Penn State hire.

Realistically, this conference is a better fit for us long term and when the major teams get back to where they usually are the B1G will garner some attention ... although with the rules abuse/recruiting issues the SEC gets away with I don't expect the "brand" of football to be the best in the country.

The B1G is definitely a better fit for the Huskers, especially since the Big 12 turned into the whatever it takes to make Texas win conference. I don't necessarily like the division names or the fact that Iowa isn't playing so well this year (I want a good rivalry), but I can live with it. I really like playing Iowa every year being I know many Iowa fans.