Calahan's post game show

Calahan was just commneting about the FG block call. He took full responsibility.

Prior to hearing him talk about it, I felt like it was an absurd thing to do, especially knwoing OU can pull it off well. However... I liked Calahan's willingness to roll the dice....

You've got to take risks, and I'm glad he's a head coach who would do it. I know a few other coaches who took risks, and sometimes even when don't pay off, it still makes a statment.

In different way, I respect BC for going after the block.

It kinda shows the faith he has in this team, in his kids. In their ability to come out for a win.

And that is it right there - BC was coaching for the win, and not coaching to "not lose". I think things like that make all the difference, especially in regards to the program's future.

This wasn't going for 2 at the NC game for the win...

But at least it lets me know that BC is a has some balls.

And I think character traits like that can be important within a team.

Just my thoughts

I don't like the call at all !!!!

The % of blocking a kick are LOW, especially 2 in one game.....

I understand that it happened at PIT.....

If BC was paying attention, in pre-game and at half, our kickers absolutely could not kick into the South end anywhere beyond the 25 yd line...

A 40 yarder into that wind has almost NO chance a being successful, and OU was not going to take the chance of NU getting the ball at decent field position..

Having guts is great, but having a sense of the situation is another :bang

Now, I was impressed with BC after the game....he shouldered a ton of the blame... I know that he is trying to protects his guys and I respect that.....

I am a football coach, and I have always said.... Win we win, it is because of the players, and if we lose, I will shoulder the blame.... It is nice to see BC protect his kids ;)

Yup, maybe this will appease the people that think Callahan and his staff try to absolve themselves of all blame.

I like the call, our FG block team has been extraordinary throughtout the year, why not keep it going.

I like this coaching staff so far. They recruit well and have made progress. I am standing by them.

But that was NOT a good call.

You do not go for the block when it is a 40yarder into a strong headwind and the Sooners have missed one, had one blocked, and botched the snap on another. They only had 2 yards for the 1st! I don't know of a better time for a fake. Going for the block shows we didn't even expect the fake.