O-Line

Is it just me or does it seem like our line just keeps getting worse with each game? Seppo is just not getting it done either is Koch or Mann for that matter. Mann was on the watch list for the best centers in the nation and he makes so many mistakes it isn't even funny. With Murtha at least there is hope that he will push through his Freshman mistakes and improve. I think that losing Christainson really hurt us. I just don't get it. Seppo goes plays where he doesn't even hit anyone. :bang I don't know how many times we have been just one block away from a gain instead we lose yardage because a lineman misses his assignment. This must improve or we will never get anything done on offense. Taylor is going to get seriously hurt if this continues.

FYI - I am not trying to insult or badmouth any of these players, I am just trying to point some things out, I know all these kids are working their butts off and want to succeed, but.....)

F. Thomas - Obviously just not a very good lineman. He is slow and really doesn't seen to be very physical, I think with Murtha getting healthy his PT is going to drop dramatically.

Seppo - This guy has really disappointed me, I know he had to make a position change in the offseason, but he has really not performed very well. He also seems to not like to get very physical and that is not good for a lineman.

B. Koch - Another senior that, has been, well, subpar. I think, from what i saw this was by far his worst game. I can remember at least twice where his man just plain ran him over and put him on his back. I guess i just expect a little more from a guy that is a returning starter.

G. Austin - I have a really hard time being hard on this guy. For all intensive purposes he shouldn't even be playing, the poor guy doesn't even have cartilage in his right knee. I think this fact just shows his heart and what a competetor he is, however, it is pretty evident that if we had some depth this he would probably not be starting.

K. Mann - Our best lineman. I thought he had a very bad game against OU, but over the course of the year has been our most solid. He is a little undersized, but it a pretty good lineman.

L. Murtha - He is young and probably not ready to be starting yet, but is proabaly going to have to. I thought after he got that first mistake :blink: out of the way, he played better thoughout the game. Overall though, with him being injured and not being full speed, basically since he got on campus, to expect him to come in and be the answer just shows our lack of depth.

Like I said, I'm not saying any of this to tear these guys down, they all want to win and perform well more than any of us out here. But this is the weak spot in our team. We really don't have much depth and there is really not a whole lot the coaches or anyone can do about that. All we can hope for is that these guys continue to work hard in practice and improve as the season goes on.

FYI - I am not trying to insult or badmouth any of these players, I am just trying to point some things out, I know all these kids are working their butts off and want to succeed, but.....)

F. Thomas - Obviously just not a very good lineman. He is slow and really doesn't seen to be very physical, I think with Murtha getting healthy his PT is going to drop dramatically.

Seppo - This guy has really disappointed me, I know he had to make a position change in the offseason, but he has really not performed very well. He also seems to not like to get very physical and that is not good for a lineman.

B. Koch - Another senior that, has been, well, subpar. I think, from what i saw this was by far his worst game. I can remember at least twice where his man just plain ran him over and put him on his back. I guess i just expect a little more from a guy that is a returning starter.

G. Austin - I have a really hard time being hard on this guy. For all intensive purposes he shouldn't even be playing, the poor guy doesn't even have cartilage in his right knee. I think this fact just shows his heart and what a competetor he is, however, it is pretty evident that if we had some depth this he would probably not be starting.

K. Mann - Our best lineman. I thought he had a very bad game against OU, but over the course of the year has been our most solid. He is a little undersized, but it a pretty good lineman.

L. Murtha - He is young and probably not ready to be starting yet, but is proabaly going to have to. I thought after he got that first mistake :blink: out of the way, he played better thoughout the game. Overall though, with him being injured and not being full speed, basically since he got on campus, to expect him to come in and be the answer just shows our lack of depth.

Like I said, I'm not saying any of this to tear these guys down, they all want to win and perform well more than any of us out here. But this is the weak spot in our team. We really don't have much depth and there is really not a whole lot the coaches or anyone can do about that. All we can hope for is that these guys continue to work hard in practice and improve as the season goes on.

Well put, it doesn't appear we have much coming back or up.

The only guy playing like an offensive lineman is Greg Austin. Unfortunately the offensive line consists of 5 guys, not just 1 guy. Murtha can't be faulted. If he was at full health, that would be another issue, but he's not.

Seppo promised Zac Taylor protection in this weeks press conference since Missouri sacked him 4 times. Getting sacked 9 times against OU isn't my idea of protection. 16 QB hurries, 13 sacks in 2 games is just flat out embarrassing for an offensive line

Definately, IMO, the worst in the 27 years I have been watching Husker football. Slow off the line, stupid penalties, and inability to sustain a block. I think if Taylor is going to get rushed anyway, put all youngsters in and let them learn. Why waste time with seniors?