Major reason why Gingrinch should not be president

Nah. Most are tired of Obama's 4 years and i think a lot of the independents have jumped off his ship. he's trying to push acta on us which is exactly like sopa but international. Obama is a danger more to our liberties than Bush ever was.

Most whom? Most Right/Conservatives, yes, but they were never on board anyway. Independents aren't jumping off anything, and current polls show that if the election happened today, Obama would be reelected.

LINK

In potential Election 2012 matchups, it’s President Obama 47% and Romney 42%. However, if Gingrich is his Republican opponent, the president holds a double-digit lead, 50% to 37% (see tracking history). These matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update).

Romney is Obama Light, or perhaps more eloquently, Obama Right, with very similar policies and history in governance. If Republicans are so opposed to Obama/Obama's policies, how do they muster the energy to support a Republican who will likely be similar in the Oval Office?

Romney will get a huge bump in the polls when he's announced as the nominee at the RNC. He'll likely even overtake Obama. The nearer we get to election time, Romney's support will wane dramatically. Obama will make mincemeat of him in debates, simply by expounding on Romney's record. Bain Capital's history will be dredged up and in a time of worry over jobs, a presidential candidate whose rise to riches came on the backs of the Middle-Class Americans he fired won't be popular.

My guess? Obama wins and wins handily, mostly because the Republican base will simply stay home. Seeing no viable candidate, they'll simply not vote.

http://www.cnn.com/2...?iref=allsearch

Gingrich has his fellow republicans longing for the days that they could decide who they'd nominate in "smoke filled back rooms" because even the republicans in washington hate this guy. It's going to be a hilarious crapstorm for the next few months for that party. Buckle up.

And I forgot where that bet was about the month off the board over the election is but I'll take it. Republicans lose the presidency in november, and it's not going to be as close as you are dictating yourself into believing.

sloth_goonies1.jpg

Nah. Most are tired of Obama's 4 years and i think a lot of the independents have jumped off his ship. he's trying to push acta on us which is exactly like sopa but international. Obama is a danger more to our liberties than Bush ever was.

I know all about acta, I also know that frankly what he's done with it is unconstitutional thinking he can bind us to a treaty without congressional approval. So he's going to have to fight that battle with against the few people in congress that actually want to follow the constitution and the internet at large, which won't let their countries be stupid enough to sweep it through. Europeans are gearing up for that and their euro parliment "reporter" resigned making a big stink about how the EU parliment he was reporting to were trying to keep the "people" out of the process.

If European countries don't ratify it, it doesn't mean crap, except you're going to start seeing the internet innovation migrating to hosts there, where the US government can't necessesarily run around pretending the world is it's own corporate sponsored police state. What really needs to happen is for the public to stop blaming the politicians for it and start blaming the industries buying this legislation with money. It's pretty easy to not goto the movies considering the crap they put out. Pretty easy to not buy big label CDs/mp3s that's 90% rap and gaga-like pop anyways. Stop giving Hollywood money, 2 birds with one stone.

Most whom? Most Right/Conservatives, yes, but they were never on board anyway. Independents aren't jumping off anything, and current polls show that if the election happened today, Obama would be reelected.

LINK

In potential Election 2012 matchups, it’s President Obama 47% and Romney 42%. However, if Gingrich is his Republican opponent, the president holds a double-digit lead, 50% to 37% (see tracking history). These matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update).

Romney is Obama Light, or perhaps more eloquently, Obama Right, with very similar policies and history in governance. If Republicans are so opposed to Obama/Obama's policies, how do they muster the energy to support a Republican who will likely be similar in the Oval Office?

Romney will get a huge bump in the polls when he's announced as the nominee at the RNC. He'll likely even overtake Obama. The nearer we get to election time, Romney's support will wane dramatically. Obama will make mincemeat of him in debates, simply by expounding on Romney's record. Bain Capital's history will be dredged up and in a time of worry over jobs, a presidential candidate whose rise to riches came on the backs of the Middle-Class Americans he fired won't be popular.

My guess? Obama wins and wins handily, mostly because the Republican base will simply stay home. Seeing no viable candidate, they'll simply not vote.

Those poll numbers will stay the same til November right? /sarcasm. Once the election gets near those numbers will change. You can go by what Romney has done as Gov. but that doesn't mean he will stick to that. Bush was a lot more aggressive as President then he ever was as Gov. Most Republican voters don't stay home and not vote. Those are called Democrats. If any party base that stands behind their guy it would more likely be a Republican. Come November what will Obama have done that anyone cares about? more than likely nothing.

LINK

Those poll numbers will stay the same til November right? /sarcasm. Once the election gets near those numbers will change. You can go by what Romney has done as Gov. but that doesn't mean he will stick to that. Bush was a lot more aggressive as President then he ever was as Gov. Most Republican voters don't stay home and not vote. Those are called Democrats. If any party base that stands behind their guy it would more likely be a Republican. Come November what will Obama have done that anyone cares about? more than likely nothing.

Besides actually get Bin Laden, gotten us out of Iraq, killed Kadafi, etc for foreign policy right? and for domestic, sided (in the press) with the 99% that think millionaires and big business don't pay their fair share. Plus he's an incumbant, and thus the Devil we all know.

• Fire 1
Besides actually get Bin Laden, gotten us out of Iraq, killed Kadafi, etc for foreign policy right? and for domestic, sided (in the press) with the 99% that think millionaires and big business don't pay their fair share. Plus he's an incumbant, and thus the Devil we all know.

Unfortunately the "get out of Iraq" turned into a shuffle troops to neighboring countries while leaving 20,000 contractors in a Vatican City sized base.

And why is it that we bombed Libya and killed Khadaffi?

Boy you people on this board are very anal retentive. It is also a very obvious to anyone who read my post if- you (being the reader of the post) think ( using your intelligence) the debt(money the fed owes) is not a conern ( you don't care about it) You (being the reader) need to read it. Nothing ambigouous about my post other than you making something out of nothing. If you don't care about the debt don't read it. chuckleshuffle

Who said it isn't a concern? I guess fights are easier when the opponents are imaginary.

(Besides Dick Cheney, of course.)

Then read the article, really pretty simple, are you really this obtuse! :rolleyes:

Boy you people on this board are very anal retentive. It is also a very obvious to anyone who read my post if- you (being the reader of the post) think ( using your intelligence) the debt(money the fed owes) is not a conern ( you don't care about it) You (being the reader) need to read it. Nothing ambigouous about my post other than you making something out of nothing. If you don't care about the debt don't read it. chuckleshuffle

Who said it isn't a concern? I guess fights are easier when the opponents are imaginary.

(Besides Dick Cheney, of course.)

Then read the article, really pretty simple, are you really this obtuse! :rolleyes:

Which article? Who in this thread (besides your straw man) said it wasn't a concern?

Post #152. What is with you and who said it wasn't a concern thing. I wrote a simple statement IF you think it isn't a problem. Do you understand what that word if means at the beginning of a sentence? I didn't say anyone in particular thought that way. I think you just like to argue because you want to avoid answering questions. Do you think it is a concern? What do you think we should do about the debt and deficit? Do you understand those questions? :bang

Post #152. What is with you and who said it wasn't a concern thing. I wrote a simple statement IF you think it isn't a problem. Do you understand what that word if means at the beginning of a sentence? I didn't say anyone in particular thought that way. I think you just like to argue because you want to avoid answering questions. Do you think it is a concern? What do you think we should do about the debt and deficit? Do you understand those questions? :bang

Straw men are made of straw.

And water is wet!!! Way to deflect answering the questions or any questions for that matter. Although you seem to love to ask them and expect a reply, HMM?!?!

Yes I think the deficit is a concern. I've never said that it wasn't. I think we should reduce spending in many areas . . . particularly in the bloated DoD. I think we should increase revenues. Basically, I think that we should take an "all of the above" approach.

I don't know that your water is wet comment really applies . . . but yes. Straw men are made of straw.

LINK

Most won't care about that. Economy will be the main priority.