B-Ball Commit

its headed the right way thats for sure...good recruiting class last year and a good start to this one. Chris Balham from kansas, I talked to a couple of friends that went watch the state game in kansas last year, they said Balham is huge and was by far the best player there, only in kansas but thats good to hear...many other good recruits too but thats just something I could say from people witnesssing him play.

Hopefully Collier can turn this talent into some success. We don't really have the facilities or bball tradition to compete with a lot of schools out there so if he can show that this team can win, I think this team will start to be able to compete and recruit better against the rest of the big 12.

A couple of you all don't seem excited about Ryan Anderson, but after talking to a buddy of mine who works for a Tar Heel site who focuses on the Northwest (especially Washington which is his home state), he came back with nothing but a great analysis of Ryan. I e-mailed him and asked him and this is what he replied with....

"Willie -

I have seen Ryan play many times. I said last year that outside of Hawes I thought he was the best recruit in our state.

He is somewhat streaky in terms of shooting but has unlimited range when on.

Plays for a fast paced program in high school (Rainier Beach) so he can get up and down the floor on offense and can get after it on defense.

Will be interesting to see how he plays this season finally being the man on his high school team. Last year he and Terrence Williams formed a terrific backcourt together but Terrence made sure he got his and Ryan did not get as many shots as he will this year.

I am a big fan of his game and think its a great pickup for them.

He will be a 4-year type player that will only get better each year.

Hope this helps."

Mind you Spencer Hawes is one of the 2 best centers coming out of this class. Hawes could easily be a top 10-15 pick after this upcoming year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just viewing our basketball commits profiles over on rivals.com and noticed this quote from toni soda's profile...

"He's a good shot-blocker, and he's a tough, physical kid. For a 7-footer, he has great hands and he really understands the game. He's a guy who needs a couple years of college and he has some work to do in the weight room. He's going to be a great in college and he should be a first rounder in the (NBA) draft." -NBA scout on Soda's ability

1st round nba draft pick, now thats what I like to hear!