Ron Paul: Strike against Iran would risk a repeat of 'useless' Iraq war

Even worse has been Obama’s vaunted “engagement” with Iran. He began his presidency apologetically acknowledging U.S. involvement in a coup that happened more than 50 years ago.

Holy cow... an Americam president acknowledged a truth that everyone in the world already knew.

Obviously you haven't heard about Obama's apology tour. Mitt Romney will happily lie to your face about it if you are interested.

Interestingly, Charles Krauthammer just weighed in on this yesterday......................his ability to wordsmith is fairly substantial................

In fact, Bush’s increasing coolness toward Russia was grounded in certain unpleasant realities: growing Kremlin authoritarianism that was systematically dismantling a fledgling democracy; naked aggression against a small, vulnerable, pro-American state (Georgia)...

Krauthammer is a bleeping idiot.

Georgia flat-out initiated an assault on civilian targets in South Ossetia in order to depopulate that autonimous republic, with US backing.

That was a massive miscalculation by dick cheney, who was in Georgia just before their invasion started.

Wow. Your bolded red speaks volumes and helps explain your extremist views. You may certainly (and obviously do) disagree with Krauthammer, but to label him an idiot (as per accepted definition) defines yourself as pretty far removed from reality.

Unfortunately, this is what discourse with the left has become. Can't argue facts with a conservative....? No problem................hurl a few choice descriptive phrases at them as cover. And to think, you and yours really believe your are so intellectually superior to the "baggers".

In a nuclear world, we cannot afford a 21st century Neville Chamberlain.

Please name one appeasement that President Obama has made.

In contrast Obama has escalated the wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan, participated with Saudi troops in attacks in Yemen and Bahrain, started a war in Libya, is on the verge of starting one in Syria, and is threatening one in Iran.

Interestingly, Charles Krauthammer just weighed in on this yesterday......................his ability to wordsmith is fairly substantial................

http://www.washingto...EzwO_story.html

Ah, Krauthammer, that "fair and balanced" opinion writer. If he (and the GOP) believe that the actions listed are appeasement then they must also believe that anything short of outright war is appeasement. Diplomacy itself must be appeasement.

The far-right hatred of Obama is dangerously disconnected from reality. This is just further evidence.

What a sad state of affairs. (I wonder how the average 'bagger would react to the fact that Ronald Reagan himself did more appeasing than Barack Obama. Actually . . . I know how they would react. They would deny that it ever happened.)

I think you are confused about Krauthammer While he is a strong and intellectual voice for conservativism, he is no fan of the Tea Party.

In a nuclear world, we cannot afford a 21st century Neville Chamberlain.

Please name one appeasement that President Obama has made.

In contrast Obama has escalated the wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan, participated with Saudi troops in attacks in Yemen and Bahrain, started a war in Libya, is on the verge of starting one in Syria, and is threatening one in Iran.

http://www.washingto...EzwO_story.html

Ah, Krauthammer, that "fair and balanced" opinion writer. If he (and the GOP) believe that the actions listed are appeasement then they must also believe that anything short of outright war is appeasement. Diplomacy itself must be appeasement.

The far-right hatred of Obama is dangerously disconnected from reality. This is just further evidence.

What a sad state of affairs. (I wonder how the average 'bagger would react to the fact that Ronald Reagan himself did more appeasing than Barack Obama. Actually . . . I know how they would react. They would deny that it ever happened.)

I think you are confused about Krauthammer While he is a strong and intellectual voice for conservativism, he is no fan of the Tea Party.

Where did I say that Krauthammer was a fan of the Tea Party?

Unfortunately, this is what discourse with the left has become. Can't argue facts with a conservative....? No problem................hurl a few choice descriptive phrases at them as cover. And to think, you and yours really believe your are so intellectually superior to the "baggers".

Interesting that you would claim that the facts are on your side after citing an opinion piece. How about this . . . I will rebut your Krauthammer opinion piece by citing an opinion piece from the Huffington Post. That will show you!

I think your inability to distinguish between opinion and facts illustrates the problem rather well. It makes things easy when the other side makes your points for you.

Interesting that you would claim that the facts are on your side after citing an opinion piece. How about this . . . I will rebut your Krauthammer opinion piece by citing an opinion piece from the Huffington Post. That will show you!

I think your inability to distinguish between opinion and facts illustrates the problem rather well. It makes things easy when the other side makes your points for you.

Well, I happen to believe the facts ARE on my side, just as no doubt you do as well. But, if you are comparing Dr. Krauthammer's take with the fluff from the Puffington Post, we really are won't have much dialogue, since he is a serious journalist with impeccable credentials and the Puff pieces are.......................well.................just that.

Wow. Your bolded red speaks volumes and helps explain your extremist views. You may certainly (and obviously do) disagree with Krauthammer, but to label him an idiot (as per accepted definition) defines yourself as pretty far removed from reality.

The four quotes I highlighted pretty much proves that Krauthammer is a moron.

You obviously, seem to agree with him.

By the way, which view of mine did you call "extremist", and why?

I took four pretty good shots at his garbage.

Can you defend them?

The four quotes I highlighted pretty much proves that Krauthammer is a moron.

You obviously, seem to agree with him.

By the way, which view of mine did you call "extremist", and why?

Can you defend them?

I do, and I do so with the complete understanding that makes me a moron in your estimation. No problem. I will say that if I were putting money on an intellectual contest between you and Dr. Krauthammer..................I'd bet the house on the good Doctor.

Looks like we won't be coming to an accord on this so I'll move on........................

Can you defend them?

I do, and I do so with the complete understanding that makes me a moron in your estimation. No problem. I will say that if I were putting money on an intellectual contest between you and Dr. Krauthammer..................I'd bet the house on the good Doctor.

Looks like we won't be coming to an accord on this so I'll move on........................

Can you defend any of those four Krauthammer statements that I critiqued?

Perhaps he isn't a moron, he just may be dishonest,

I would not want RP as President, but I will give credit where credit is due, and I think it's really sad that every other candidate feels they have to take a war mongering stance on the issue.

Normally, I would say that this was simply pandering for votes, and that when or if one of these candidates gets the nomination, their tune and rhetoric will change real quick to something sensible and pragmatic.

But when you look in Rick Perry's or Michelle Bachman's eyes, it's like you're starring into an abyss of ignorance--those eyes are so vacant and crazy, that infinity itself could not contain the derp vested within.

And leave it to Ron Paul to be the sensible candidate. I dare say he and Huntsman would make a fine running duo--hell, I don't agree with everything both of them say, but they seem to actually think their positions through and seem to be genuine about doing the 'greater good' for the country.

But of course, anyone but will get the nomination and be summarily trounced by Obama, a man that is despised in South Carolina...but is polling at 40-45% without having set foot in the state to campaign yet.

C'Mon Carlfense, you're the king of the opinion piece.

C'Mon Carlfense, you're the king of the opinion piece.

Such as? I can't remember citing a Huffington Post opinion piece to support my claims.

Well, I happen to believe the facts ARE on my side, just as no doubt you do as well. But, if you are comparing Dr. Krauthammer's take with the fluff from the Puffington Post, we really are won't have much dialogue, since he is a serious journalist with impeccable credentials and the Puff pieces are.......................well.................just that.

Oh . . . he has a doctorate? Well, then he is an elitist academic whose prose should be immediately discarded as untrustworthy.

That's how this works, right?

Also, it's normal to pump up the credentials of your favored opinion writer and dismiss other opinions as "fluff from the Puffington Post" when the ol' Puffington has contributors like Robert Reich, correct? Then again, Reich has advanced degrees and is therefore undoubtedly a secret communist academic. What a pickle we are in!

Oh . . . he has a doctorate? Well, then he is an elitist academic whose prose should be immediately discarded as untrustworthy.

That's how this works, right?

Nice try.........................unfortunately for you, those pesky facts keep intruding on your ideology....................

I believe he is a practicing psychiatrist (possibly retired now, with his new gig embarrassing liberals through the mere recitation of their follies)...........

But, as for those practicing liberal elite academics you mention.......................at least you've got that right. Congratulations.