Military given go-ahead to detain US terrorist suspects without trial

I told knapp that Bush was focusing on overall terrorism and not just one guy but yet knapp failed to realize this.

Your deflection of Bush's failure to kill Public Enemy #1 with some BS Republican talking point doesn't mean in any way that I "failed to realize" something. Let's be adults here.

I'm not deflecting anything. I even admitted that Bush gave up.

Ohhhhhhh! I see. You are trying to make it sound like letting him escape to live comfortably in Pakistan was a good thing.

did i say that? no i didn't.

Ah. You're admitting that Bush let Bin Laden escape and that he gave up on finding him. Then after Obama made getting Bin Laden a priority and succeeded . . . that we should credit Bush.

That doesn't make sense.

He flushed Osama out of the caves in tora bora that he was hiding in.

Ohhhhhhh! I see. You are trying to make it sound like letting him escape to live comfortably in Pakistan was a good thing.

did i say that? no i didn't.

Ah. You're admitting that Bush let Bin Laden escape and that he gave up on finding him. Then after Obama made getting Bin Laden a priority and succeeded . . . that we should credit Bush.

That doesn't make sense.

He flushed Osama out of the caves in tora bora that he was hiding in.

Once again that is not what i said. I love your liberal talking points and making up stuff since that is what you and knapp do best.

Once again that is not what i said. I love your liberal talking points and making up stuff since that is what you and knapp do best.

If you're going to claim that I'm making stuff up you'll have to claim that I hacked your account and posted this under your name.

Here is what you said:

Without of those years of Bush pursuing him Osama would be alive today and Obama wouldn't have gotten a chance to kill him.

You see that? That's you trying to credit Bush for the killing of Bin Laden. I can show you quotes where Bush said Bin Laden wasn't a priority, that he didn't think about him much, etc. (Keeping in mind that Bush had vowed to get him before failing and giving up.)

You, and the GOP media will still try to say that Obama doesn't deserve credit. That sort of blind gullibility is always good for a chuckle.

Hook, line, and sinker.

If you're going to claim that I'm making stuff up you'll have to claim that I hacked your account and posted this under your name.

Here is what you said:

Without of those years of Bush pursuing him Osama would be alive today and Obama wouldn't have gotten a chance to kill him.

You see that? That's you trying to credit Bush for the killing of Bin Laden. I can show you quotes where Bush said Bin Laden wasn't a priority, that he didn't think about him much, etc. (Keeping in mind that Bush had vowed to get him before failing and giving up.)

You, and the GOP media will still try to say that Obama doesn't deserve credit. That sort of blind gullibility is always good for a chuckle.

Hook, line, and sinker.

LOL :laughpound

I never said Obama doesn't deserve credit just not sole credit.

I never said Obama doesn't deserve credit just not sole credit.

Does Bush deserve credit?

Yes some of it. Do you think that he didn't keep his people still tracking Osama? How would you explain Obama killed Osama so quickly if Obama did it all by himself? He didn't. that's one of the reasons he kept the same general that Bush had. Bush started hunting down Osama and Obama finished him off.

Yes some of it. Do you think that he didn't keep his people still tracking Osama? How would you explain Obama killed Osama so quickly if Obama did it all by himself? He didn't. that's one of the reasons he kept the same general that Bush had. Bush started hunting down Osama and Obama finished him off.

No one, at any time, asserted this. This is what you would call a "straw man."

the-more-you-know-o.gif

the-more-you-know-o.gif

yes you did cause i stated it clearly earlier if you had bothered to read, which it seems you now didn't.

the-more-you-know-o.gif

yes you did cause i stated it clearly earlier if you had bothered to read, which it seems you now didn't.

No one but YOU stated that. Then you tried to attribute that view to others. That is a straw man argument.

Now you know.

Yes some of it.

Do you agree that Bush vowed to get Bin Laden?

at first yes but after a while of getting so close he gave up like most would do. In the grand scheme Osama was just a part of it and he was trying to free a country of taliban rule.

OK! So you admit that Bush vowed to get Bin Laden . . . got close . . . and gave up.

But we're supposed to give Bush credit? No offense, but that is an extremely weak argument. Obama re-started the search that Bush ended, found Bin Laden, and ordered the strike that killed him.

If you want to give credit to Seal Team 6, Leon Panetta, etc. I'm with you. Those people absolutely deserve credit. Bush? Nope. He failed.