I'm sorry for any confusion. I wasn't saying we were better off with Callahan then Bo. What I was eluding to is the lack of depth and experience at almost every position. To me that is as entirely on Bo. I think our 1's are as good as most teams. But we all know that that isn't good enough to win championships.

I'm sorry for any confusion. I wasn't saying we were better off with Callahan then Bo. What I was eluding to is the lack of depth and experience at almost every position. To me that is as entirely on Bo. I think our 1's are as good as most teams. But we all know that that isn't good enough to win championships.

at which positions specifically? i think we didn't take enough LB's for the last few years. that is somewhat explained by the style of play we were favoring vs. big 12 competition, where we only played 1-2 LB's at a time. it also didn't help that chris williams didn't work out. we also have an issue upcoming at TE. other than that, i think we've done a pretty good job of keeping most positions stocked with talent. i will say that i don't approve of only taking 2 OL this year, but we had a good class last year and i will assume this is an anomaly.

i suppose you could include QB, but that's not really a recruiting issue. the 2008 class is the only one that we didn't bring a quality QB prospect in. cody green seemed to have the potential. would have liked to see if he could do any better in the new offense.

as far as depth of experience, that's just inherent to college football. back-ups with significant experience are a rarity.

My question to you is what position has depth. I am very concerned because we have a lot of guys that will be graduating after next season at lb te rb . I feel pretty good about the oline and secondary since we were awfully young there this year. We had chances to play our young rbs this year but we didn't do that. I don't know what to think at receiver I think there is talent but a lot of inconsistentcy. If 2012 is anything like this year were we didn't get enough 2's and 3's on the field 2013 might be even more frustrating

My question to you is what position has depth. I am very concerned because we have a lot of guys that will be graduating after next season at lb te rb . I feel pretty good about the oline and secondary since we were awfully young there this year. We had chances to play our young rbs this year but we didn't do that. I don't know what to think at receiver I think there is talent but a lot of inconsistentcy. If 2012 is anything like this year were we didn't get enough 2's and 3's on the field 2013 might be even more frustrating

when? 2011? 2012? as i said, i think we've done pretty good at keeping well stocked at most positions since bo took over, with the exceptions that i mentioned (LB, TE). LB is being appropriately ddressed in this class. we'll see whether TE is. i think we have good depth elsewhere (QB, RB, WR, OL, DE, DT, CB, S).

considering we had 3 talented freshmen running backs last year, i'm not concerned about quality depth there in 2013. even if one of them should transfer, that leaves two. there's a decent chance we'll land another in this class, and if we don't, RB is probably the easiest position to step in and play as a true freshman for the class after that. i'd actually have a hard time thinking of a position i'm less concerned about.

when? 2011? 2012? as i said, i think we've done pretty good at keeping well stocked at most positions since bo took over, with the exceptions that i mentioned (LB, TE). LB is being appropriately ddressed in this class. we'll see whether TE is. i think we have good depth elsewhere (QB, RB, WR, OL, DE, DT, CB, S).

considering we had 3 talented freshmen running backs last year, i'm not concerned about quality depth there in 2013. even if one of them should transfer, that leaves two. there's a decent chance we'll land another in this class, and if we don't, RB is probably the easiest position to step in and play as a true freshman for the class after that. i'd actually have a hard time thinking of a position i'm less concerned about.

You both are right IMO. Huskerjch is referring more to having experienced backups,he highlighted the lack of PT at some positions such as IB and LB. Dylan is referring more to recruiting numbers. There are a decent number of recruited players at most of the positions, jch seems to be frustrated by the lack of pt for the younger backups as it could very well stunt their development leading to reduced production when those younger players have to step up.

Thanks caveman that's kind of what was getting at. I'm not saying Dylan is wrong for the most part I agree with him it just seems its becoming a reaccuring problem that we are not getting enough people in the game to get some experience. Plus it seems like guys are seeing the field when they are sophomores then as they progress to juniors and seniors never see the field

Thanks caveman that's kind of what was getting at. I'm not saying Dylan is wrong for the most part I agree with him it just seems its becoming a reaccuring problem that we are not getting enough people in the game to get some experience. Plus it seems like guys are seeing the field when they are sophomores then as they progress to juniors and seniors never see the field

yes, i would like to see more rotation of back-ups in general. i think that's a valid complaint against pelini and co at almost every position. i was indeed focusing on recruiting numbers (given that this is the recruiting forum).

• 2 weeks later...

One coach has 38 wins in four years and the other had 25--everything else is merely superfluous.

Also, the one with 38 wins took over a NU program that just won "5" games and the one that won 25 games took over a NU program that just won "10" games. There's simply no comparison whatsoever.