B1G & Pac-12 football scheduling agreement starting in 2017

Nexus

newmug_normal.jpg

@slmandel Stewart Mandel

SEC scoffs at the Big Ten PAC 12 deal. Been doing that for years with the SoCon.

http://twitter.com/slmandel

Hahaha that's funny right there.

So what does this mean exactly? I haven't read anything else on it so don't attack me for being an idiot but is this just a week of Pac-12/Big 10 Matchups kind of like the Big Ten - ACC challenge or is it more like a superconference?

newmug_normal.jpg

@slmandel Stewart Mandel

SEC scoffs at the Big Ten PAC 12 deal. Been doing that for years with the SoCon.

So what does this mean exactly? I haven't read anything else on it so don't attack me for being an idiot but is this just a week of Pac-12/Big 10 Matchups kind of like the Big Ten - ACC challenge or is it more like a superconference?

It'll be an annual partnership in terms of scheduling, similar to that of the B1G/ACC challenge, except they'll be televising them on the B1G and Pac-12 Networks, since both are co-partnered by FOX. This is a FOX motivated business move if I had to guess.

newmug_normal.jpg

@slmandel Stewart Mandel

It'll be an annual partnership in terms of scheduling, similar to that of the B1G/ACC challenge, except they'll be televising them on either the B1G or Pac-12 Networks, since both are co-partnered by FOX. This is a FOX motivated business move if I had to guess.

I can get behind it then. 2017 is pretty far out but it should be interesting, I wonder what they'll choose for the matchups...

Ohio State - USC

Michigan - Oregon

Wisconsin - Stanford

Nebraska - Washington (sorry I had to)

Penn State - California

Michigan State - Arizona State

Iowa - Utah

Illinois - Arizona

Northwestern - Oregon State

Indiana - UCLA

Purdue - Washington State

Minnesota- Colorado

newmug_normal.jpg

@slmandel Stewart Mandel

It'll be an annual partnership in terms of scheduling, similar to that of the B1G/ACC challenge, except they'll be televising them on either the B1G or Pac-12 Networks, since both are co-partnered by FOX. This is a FOX motivated business move if I had to guess.

I can get behind it then. 2017 is pretty far out but it should be interesting, I wonder what they'll choose for the matchups...

Ohio State - USC

Michigan - Oregon

Wisconsin - Stanford

Penn State - California

Iowa - Utah

Illinois - Arizona

Indiana - UCLA

Minnesota- Colorado

I'm curious how it'll be arranged too. Delany will talk about it LIVE on BTN at 5 ET today. I'd prefer to see all 12 teams play each other by rotating the schedule yearly.

newmug_normal.jpg

@slmandel Stewart Mandel

Ohio State - USC

Michigan - Oregon

Wisconsin - Stanford

Penn State - California

Iowa - Utah

Illinois - Arizona

Indiana - UCLA

Minnesota- Colorado

I'm curious how it'll be arranged too. Delany will talk about it LIVE on BTN at 5 ET today. I'd prefer to see all 12 teams play each other by rotating the schedule yearly.

However they chose to do it I think we'll whip them pretty good...we have more depth but what do I know.