Murtha

kramer

I am not sure on his grade for this week, but after that first play he seemed to play well. The center of the line was a big surprise. They had been pretty solid until OK. Not sure if the defensive lines were not that great before this week or they just had a bad game.

OU simply overloaded the line. They play mostly man coverage against our receivers due to wind. They also knew of our weak line and how putting pressure on Taylor was the key to stopping our offense (run game is void due to poor OL blocking). It seemed that they alsways had an extra man charging Taylor. The crazy thing is, the OU Dbacks are the weekest part of their defense, but they had no reservations about playing man. So IMO, are problems were 2 parts player difficulties (OL and QB), 1 part player mistakes (missed blocking assignments), and 3 parts formation and coaching problems (not allowing someone for the extra line personel) .

Murtha did much better than Thomas. Did he have a false start? Thomas is usually guaranteed at least 2 per game, in third and short situations.

obviously you didnt watch too closely there did you Redman??? We were running two man routes and keeping two tightends and a runningback into block all day long, thats why we ran a two tightend formation nearly the entire day. Go watch the video again if you want, but you are dead wrong this time, the problem was five parts our oline cant block a soul, and I dont think Murtha had a very good game, allthough I could probably play better than Thomas.

I'm going to have to agree. Murtha is probably a better answer than Thomas but that doesn't mean a whole lot. I believe Murtha is going to be a heck of a player but he and the coaches are in a bad situation, there is just no depth on the oline. He is forced into playing even though he isn't probably ready yet.

OU simply overloaded the line. They play mostly man coverage against our receivers due to wind. They also knew of our weak line and how putting pressure on Taylor was the key to stopping our offense (run game is void due to poor OL blocking). It seemed that they alsways had an extra man charging Taylor. The crazy thing is, the OU Dbacks are the weekest part of their defense, but they had no reservations about playing man. So IMO, are problems were 2 parts player difficulties (OL and QB), 1 part player mistakes (missed blocking assignments), and 3 parts formation and coaching problems (not allowing someone for the extra line personel) .

Murtha did much better than Thomas. Did he have a false start? Thomas is usually guaranteed at least 2 per game, in third and short situations.

your right, most of the time they rushed three or four up the middle and NU had one less to block.....do we see Murtha starting this week. Plesae dont post a depth chart because that thing is useless.

Plesae dont post a depth chart because that thing is useless.

:yeah:rollin

I hope he does start. The young lineman need as much experience as they can get, so this problem will go away next year. Thomas and Evweraye (sp?) have proven themselves to be liabilities (even when promising to step it up).