Don't forget who's on the bench

Please Husker fans, let's not forget about the new kids that will definitely make a difference once they get the feel of their position.

Right now few new recruits are getting to play and the ones that do, not very much.

Not to mention when we get M. Herian back.

We also have a lot hurt this year with no experience to back them up.

How would this offense be without swift, or mulkey, or ross.

Think about who we will have next year that will step up and fill depth spots.

Injuries have really slowed us this year.

Health and depth will fix this years problems.

Look at the teams that were down and came from nowhere to start kicking butt. Their players have been in the system (or a similar one) for more than 1 or 2 years.

Time will fix us.

Not to mention when we get M. Herian back.

I am really concerned that somehow he won't come back. I don't know why, just a gut feeling. I don't know why he wouldn't, but I would have expected to hear more about his situation by now.

Anyway, I hear what you are saying. We got some injuries and relative inexperience at some key positions. Namely Christiansen on the line. Octavien, Bradleyon defense.Murtha will end up a good lineman, but I he's young and semi-injury plagued. Lucky is doing decent in returning kicks, but he isn't running with his team as a back yet. A lot of times he wants to bounce to the outside when the blocking actually held up on the inside. We have a young team overall.

Congdon is the hottest kicker in the Big 12 right now. He is doing pretty well for a true frosh who kicked off of a tee in high school.

Bullocks straight got schooled by AP against OU a few times at the point of attack. That was awful to watch. You gotta be better than that at saftey.

I was dissapointed in Zac's peformance against OU as I am sure he was. Despite o-line play, he still had some chances to make plays and didn't.

On to KU. I leave Friday afternoon to head to Lawrence! :horns2

Bunk. You have to have coaches to develop the talent, not matter how good or bad. These coaches havent shown that ability, and I doubt they ever will.

former, you are wrong here.....completely wrong. one year of recruiting has not nor will it not make for instant success.........instant gratification is for juveniles, get real with the world.........any changes, be it in how your company is run or how a football team is put together takes time......be realistic and qive these guys a chance, hell how would you fare if you were told to take over a failing segment of your company and turn things around? i guess if you couldn't change it immediately you should be given the boot too? think about your unrealistic expectations........alot of things have happened this year that are beyond the control of the coaches, think about it.........

hunter

Bunk. You have to have coaches to develop the talent, not matter how good or bad. These coaches havent shown that ability, and I doubt they ever will.

former, you are wrong here.....completely wrong. one year of recruiting has not nor will it not make for instant success.........instant gratification is for juveniles, get real with the world.........any changes, be it in how your company is run or how a football team is put together takes time......be realistic and qive these guys a chance, hell how would you fare if you were told to take over a failing segment of your company and turn things around? i guess if you couldn't change it immediately you should be given the boot too? think about your unrealistic expectations........alot of things have happened this year that are beyond the control of the coaches, think about it.........

hunter

Maybe...maybe not. The examples that are used most often on this board as teams that have regained prominence are Oklahoma, USC, and Notre Dame.

USC - 5-7 year before Pete Carroll

6-6 1st season

11-2 2nd season

Oklahoma - 5-6 year before Stoops

8-4 1st season

13-0 2nd season

Notre Dame - 6-6 year before Weis

5-2 so far 1st season

These coaches were able to take what were percieved as bad teams (or at least underacheiving teams) and make them respectable their first year. Then with their first full class under their belt, they exploded. So what's our deal? Were we really that much worse than OU in 98 or USC in 2000? Point is...when do we stop making excuses? These guys were brought in to bring us back to prominence and so far they have shown us nothing. I say if there aren't big results (minimum North division title) next year, I'll be convinced it's not going to happen.

ok, and how many of these coaches had to go out and find a juco qb, cause they had nothing? how many had to use a patchwork OL, DL.....shifting players all spring trying to find linemen who could play? hell man, if should be obvious these coaches inherited nothing for players at skill postions, save Ross.......could be these other coaches had some players to coach?? cally had damn few 3 or 4 star players to bring along, so maybe we need to compare appples to apples here????

hunter

ok, and how many of these coaches had to go out and find a juco qb, cause they had nothing? how many had to use a patchwork OL, DL.....shifting players all spring trying to find linemen who could play? hell man, if should be obvious these coaches inherited nothing for players at skill postions, save Ross.......could be these other coaches had some players to coach?? cally had damn few 3 or 4 star players to bring along, so maybe we need to compare appples to apples here????

hunter

Heupel was a JC transfer that Stoops brought in his first year. I don't have the time to do the research as to the recruiting classes in the 3 or 4 years before each coach arrived. But I'd be willing to bet that the talent level was about the same on those teams and Nebraska post FS. Again, you can't tell me Nebraska 2003 was that much worse than OU 98 or USC 2000. I'd also be willing to bet Stoops and Carroll did a lot of shuffling and playing to the strenghts they had in order to put together their first season. Maybe they are just better coaches? I know no one in here wants to hear that, but it could be the truth.

hunter

But I'd be willing to bet that the talent level was about the same on those teams and Nebraska post FS. Again, you can't tell me Nebraska 2003 was that much worse than OU 98 or USC 2000. I'd also be willing to bet Stoops and Carroll did a lot of shuffling and playing to the strenghts they had in order to put together their first season. Maybe they are just better coaches? I know no one in here wants to hear that, but it could be the truth.

Seriously? Those teams already had personel brought in for at leat a 50-50 pass/run oriented offense. NU did not. Yes you can say Solich was doing this, but be real, look at the Solich recruits. Stoops had Blakes recuits. Yes, Stoops, Weis, and Carroll are good coaches, but they had a foundation build apon that was much better than what Solich left BC. Next year and the year after will prove what BC can do, but right now it is too early. Run this play, run that play, play to your strengths; offensively what would those be? Maybe he brought in Taylor because he would simply be a better example for Beck to learn from (more mature and experienced than Beck, more talented and learned that Dailey). How would one know what is possible, run or pass, with a OL with so little experience and talent. BC simply had so much to fix. To fix it enough in a year and a half to reach the expectations of Husker Nation is damn near impossible.

hunter

Bunk, again.

Yes, if I took over a successful area of my company and turned it into a "loser" I would be fired, no if, ands, or buts about it.

And I guarentee I would not get 2 years, let alone 5. If I failed this badly, I would have been gone last year. Like I have said before, the coaches run the program, they are responsible for the success or failure. A 10-9 record (8-9 against Div I) is not a success, not after the previous coach went 10-3.

hunter

Bunk, again.

Yes, if I took over a successful area of my company and turned it into a "loser" I would be fired, no if, ands, or buts about it.

And I guarentee I would not get 2 years, let alone 5. If I failed this badly, I would have been gone last year. Like I have said before, the coaches run the program, they are responsible for the success or failure. A 10-9 record (8-9 against Div I) is not a success, not after the previous coach went 10-3.

Ok, fire BC. Then we could give the next coach a one year contract, if he doesn't win at least 8, fire him. Then hire another under a one year contract......... If they can't win as many as we wish, every year, fire them! If they can't do it in a year or two, they suck. Recruits and players will understand that it is not them, the program just can't find the right guy for the job. :sarcasm

WOW, kind of sounds like a single mom I know that dates a different guy every month and dumps him. I am sure her daughter loves the situation.

Gee let me think

USC what a nightmare to recruit. Thongs and sunshine could be Florida without the humidity. Notre Dame moderate fan base :worship God's favorite next to the Israelites. j/k

Show the faith. WE ARE HUSKER NATION not a bunch of whining _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ __ fill in the blanks with any appropriate response :lol: .

My heartfelt opinion is that next 2-3 years will show whether or not BC can coach at this level. More if his recruits will be filling in all of the skill positions such as Beck, Lucky, Glenn and others. Otherwise just boot his butt back to the NFL if he cant take the heat at this level. :smokin

hunter

But I'd be willing to bet that the talent level was about the same on those teams and Nebraska post FS. Again, you can't tell me Nebraska 2003 was that much worse than OU 98 or USC 2000. I'd also be willing to bet Stoops and Carroll did a lot of shuffling and playing to the strenghts they had in order to put together their first season. Maybe they are just better coaches? I know no one in here wants to hear that, but it could be the truth.

Seriously? Those teams already had personel brought in for at leat a 50-50 pass/run oriented offense. NU did not. Yes you can say Solich was doing this, but be real, look at the Solich recruits. Stoops had Blakes recuits. Yes, Stoops, Weis, and Carroll are good coaches, but they had a foundation build apon that was much better than what Solich left BC. Next year and the year after will prove what BC can do, but right now it is too early. Run this play, run that play, play to your strengths; offensively what would those be? Maybe he brought in Taylor because he would simply be a better example for Beck to learn from (more mature and experienced than Beck, more talented and learned that Dailey). How would one know what is possible, run or pass, with a OL with so little experience and talent. BC simply had so much to fix. To fix it enough in a year and a half to reach the expectations of Husker Nation is damn near impossible.

Agreed REDMAN!!! :yeah