Sugar Bowl Thread

Treand3

This was a wierd game. VT had a much better offense and their D was excellent. Mich's D was good when it had to be but gave up too many big plays or had them for a short gain/loss that turned into 7+ yards. Mich had two somewhat lucky/unorthodox (not sure what the right word is) TD passes. If VT doesn't make special teams mistakes and the 22 yard run loss at the 4 yd line, VT wins this game easily.

Great game Mich and great win for the B1G!

Is it just me or does it seem that only the B1G that gets bashed for bad bowl performances - not the ACC, PAC.

This was a wierd game. VT had a much better offense and their D was excellent. Mich's D was good when it had to be but gave up too many big plays or had them for a short gain/loss that turned into 7+ yards. Mich had two somewhat lucky/unorthodox (not sure what the right word is) TD passes. If VT doesn't make special teams mistakes and the 22 yard run loss at the 4 yd line, VT wins this game easily.

Great game Mich and great win for the B1G!

Is it just me or does it seem that only the B1G that gets bashed for bad bowl performances - not the ACC, PAC.

I agree Creed in that it was kinda 'wierd' game to watch, but UMich won and that's all that counts... the B1G needed that win and our Michigan teams came thru for us. Congrats to UMich on the Sugar Bowl victory !

To me the corner end zone pass incompletion by VT was the correct call in that the ground 'aided' the catch IMHO... Gutsy call by the replay officials!

And yes, the B1G seems to get bashed quite a bit in the sports press, but it is more interesting when I went over to the 'Dawgs' FB Forum yesterday and saw the reaction to their loss to a 'YANKEE' team. Simply makes my soul all warm and fuzzy inside... chuckleshufflechuckleshufflechuckleshufflechuckleshufflechuckleshuffle . . . . . .

To me the corner end zone pass incompletion by VT was the correct call in that the ground 'aided' the catch IMHO... Gutsy call by the replay officials!

I had the volume down low and didn't hear the call. It looked like he was out of bounds (arm hitting the white part of the endzone) just as much as the ground aiding in the catch. They said he was in-bounds?

I had the volume down low and didn't hear the call. It looked like he was out of bounds (arm hitting the white part of the endzone) just as much as the ground aiding in the catch. They said he was in-bounds?

I think the ball rotating almost a full 90 degrees in his arm when it hit the ground was why they overturned it, they probably didn't consider that "firm" control of the ball, also, congrats to MSU, 4-6 is better than most predicted for the conference and it was much better than last year...