Just thought you all might have some opinions on this...

I'm a huge Jeffery fan....love the kid, he's been a great player for the program and I feel like that fight was out of character for him. As far as I know that's not something he does...at least I'd never seen it before out of him but what do I know, I'm just a fan.

At any rate I was pretty disappointed in his actions yesterday. I'm not going to assign blame because I just don't know...I've read posts on here saying he was pushing off every play and pissing Dennard off...I didn't see that...read some stuff on Cockytalk about him getting held and messed with every play, I didn't see that either. I'll have to set aside time to watch the replay and look for it but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Worst case scenario, even if Dennard was being a little overly aggresive and even if he didn't have a hand in starting that fight he still shouldn't have pushed back and tried to hit Dennard...I'm sure you guys can flip all that around and say the same for Dennard. Overall its just disappointing. I wish he would've shown more restraint.

All of that said, even I raised my eyebrow when I heard his name called for MVP. The announcer even seemed to stutter a little. Was he the MVP for the game? Yea probably, him or Shaw. Should the Bowl have awarded it to him? No.

Anyhow, thanks for a great career Alshon, it was awesome to have you in garnet. So many memories...I'm sure Kenny's looking down smiling. dancincocky.gif

Even though this is a shameless plug for OP's blog, I agree.

I would hold a Husker player to the same standard. I don't care if you rush for 400 yards, 8 touchdowns and get ejected with 10 seconds to go. You get ejected, you forfeit your right to be rewarded.

@Badgerfan watch the replay of Alshon getting that hail mary before half time.. you can clearly see that he pushed off with both hands which made it impossible for Baptiste(i think) to make a play.. he just wasn't tall enough after getting pushed. if he wasn't pushed then he would of had a better chance of knocking the ball away. i don't know if he would have but he might have.