the apple and the tree

Bo's sideline demeanor is not why we got blown out three times. Has a lot more to do with the practice field than the in-game sideline.

That's no less speculative than the OP's post, in my opinion. I guess I'll keep hoping for the simpler fix.

Regardless of what the real answer is, it can be fixed. That's the good news. And I'll happily keep drinking my kool-aid and pumping that sunshine until it gets fixed. :wasted

Bo's sideline demeanor (at least against South Carolina) is irrelevant. It's simply something his detractors can point to when he's down, but that doesn't make the criticism relevant.

It is very relevant. Bo was more worried about arguing calls (specifically that bogus PI call) than he was actually coaching the game. His demeanor in the second half of the USC game definitely had an effect on the outcome IMO. When your coach doesn't even know what is going on in the game because he is more worried about dropping F Bombs on the ref, that is a problem.

And I don't know where everyone is getting this idea that Bo is seen nationally as a hothead who is giving Nebraska a bad reputation. To those of you who believe that - where do you live? In Nebraska? Because nowhere else I've been recently brings that up when they talk about Nebraska football.

You must not get out much or watch games on TV ever. Bo Pelini is not liked or respected amongst the college football world, especially the fans. Go to about any other B1G or Big 12 message board and ask for yourself. Posts after the game from USC fans themselves stated this exact thing.

When I try to assess what fans think of our program, I tend to exclude fans of teams we play against. Rival fans always find something to dislike about their opponent, especially if something comes up during the one game against their team, like Dennard taking a swing or Bo yelling at a ref.

Out here in PAC 12 country, I've never heard a single fan bring up Bo's temper. Not once. Not even when we play Washington. Out here in Oregon, they complain about Mike Stoops' temper. All the damn time. You know why? Because they don't like him or Arizona to begin with. They target his temper because that's what's there to target. If it were Mangino, they'd target his weight. If it were Kiffin or Neuheisel, they'd target their smugness. If it was Harbaugh, they'd target HIS temper. They're always going to find something.

Anyways, since you ignored the question, I'm assuming you live inside of Nebraska, where every talk radio show, newspaper, and local TV show is talking about Bo's outbursts. I don't live in Nebraska. Out here in the rest of the world, nobody - and I mean, NOBODY - is talking about Bo Pelini's temper.

Are people really going to sit around and say that Bo Pelini's not respected by the college football world a few weeks after his name was brought up for the Ohio State and Penn State jobs? A year after the Miami job? You honestly think that with him winning 9-10 games a year at a program without too many built-in advantages, and with his team performing well academically and staying out of trouble off the field, that he doesn't command a fair amount of respect from coaches, ADs and parents of recruits all over the country?

You want to measure how much people respect Bo Pelini? He just hired a guy from our newly minted divisional rival by giving him - wait for it - the exact same position he had at Iowa. That's respect.

Well, i live in Pac12 country (seattle) and I wear my hukser gear proudly, which people strike up CFB conversations with me. I have heard from a lot of friends, co-workers and random people about how Pelini is an ASS and why hasnt TO fired him yet? This has come from UW, Oregon, UCLA, USC, ND and other fans i have talked to. I have always stood up for Pelini, saying he was passionate and just needed a few years to grow into the HC job. I cant continue to defend him, he has made that impossible with his antics year after year.

As for angry coaches... there is a difference between getting angry and yelling, and losing your composure. Bo losses his composure

Well, i live in Pac12 country (seattle) and I wear my hukser gear proudly, which people strike up CFB conversations with me. I have heard from a lot of friends, co-workers and random people about how Pelini is an ASS and why hasnt TO fired him yet? This has come from UW, Oregon, UCLA, USC, ND and other fans i have talked to. I have always stood up for Pelini, saying he was passionate and just needed a few years to grow into the HC job. I cant continue to defend him, he has made that impossible with his antics year after year.

As for angry coaches... there is a difference between getting angry and yelling, and losing your composure. Bo losses his composer

I've heard stuff like this from other fans, too. Don't really care. I see it a lot like people here bagging on Mangino because he's fat, or bagging on Leach and his Pirate Love. People are always going to find something to crack on your coach about. It's pretty normal.

Bo's sideline demeanor (at least against South Carolina) is irrelevant. It's simply something his detractors can point to when he's down, but that doesn't make the criticism relevant.

It is very relevant. Bo was more worried about arguing calls (specifically that bogus PI call) than he was actually coaching the game. His demeanor in the second half of the USC game definitely had an effect on the outcome IMO. When your coach doesn't even know what is going on in the game because he is more worried about dropping F Bombs on the ref, that is a problem.

And I don't know where everyone is getting this idea that Bo is seen nationally as a hothead who is giving Nebraska a bad reputation. To those of you who believe that - where do you live? In Nebraska? Because nowhere else I've been recently brings that up when they talk about Nebraska football.

You must not get out much or watch games on TV ever. Bo Pelini is not liked or respected amongst the college football world, especially the fans. Go to about any other B1G or Big 12 message board and ask for yourself. Posts after the game from USC fans themselves stated this exact thing.

When I try to assess what fans think of our program, I tend to exclude fans of teams we play against. Rival fans always find something to dislike about their opponent, especially if something comes up during the one game against their team, like Dennard taking a swing or Bo yelling at a ref.

Out here in PAC 12 country, I've never heard a single fan bring up Bo's temper. Not once. Not even when we play Washington. Out here in Oregon, they complain about Mike Stoops' temper. All the damn time. You know why? Because they don't like him or Arizona to begin with. They target his temper because that's what's there to target. If it were Mangino, they'd target his weight. If it were Kiffin or Neuheisel, they'd target their smugness. If it was Harbaugh, they'd target HIS temper. They're always going to find something.

Anyways, since you ignored the question, I'm assuming you live inside of Nebraska, where every talk radio show, newspaper, and local TV show is talking about Bo's outbursts. I don't live in Nebraska. Out here in the rest of the world, nobody - and I mean, NOBODY - is talking about Bo Pelini's temper.

Are people really going to sit around and say that Bo Pelini's not respected by the college football world a few weeks after his name was brought up for the Ohio State and Penn State jobs? A year after the Miami job? You honestly think that with him winning 9-10 games a year at a program without too many built-in advantages, and with his team performing well academically and staying out of trouble off the field, that he doesn't command a fair amount of respect from coaches, ADs and parents of recruits all over the country?

You want to measure how much people respect Bo Pelini? He just hired a guy from our newly minted divisional rival by giving him - wait for it - the exact same position he had at Iowa. That's respect.

As for angry coaches... there is a difference between getting angry and yelling, and losing your composure. Bo losses his composure

Dont even go that far. They know as much about Bo as I do about ipods and current technology. ZERO. Esp the fans outside of Washington who probably one see Bo's explosions on sportscenter or when Desmon howard talks big about how he woulda knocked bo out if he were his coach yelling at him like that.

As for angry coaches... there is a difference between getting angry and yelling, and losing your composure. Bo losses his composer

I've heard stuff like this from other fans, too. Don't really care. I see it a lot like people here bagging on Mangino because he's fat, or bagging on Leach and his Pirate Love. People are always going to find something to crack on your coach about. It's pretty normal.

I dont put a lot of stock in it either. But the reality is that the perception of Bo is out there (warrented or not, blame espn or whoever). I am not a "fire bo" fan. I actaully defended him as recently as the Michigan lose. I have been a "lets give him time to grow, he is young and this is his first gig", but i just cant defend him anymore.

Dont even go that far. They know as much about Bo as I do about ipods and current technology. ZERO. Esp the fans outside of Washington who probably one see Bo's explosions on sportscenter or when Desmon howard talks big about how he woulda knocked bo out if he were his coach yelling at him like that.

I am not saying its right or that I care, all I am saying is the perception is out there.

I dont put a lot of stock in it either. But the reality is that the perception of Bo is out there (warrented or not, blame espn or whoever). I am not a "fire bo" fan. I actaully defended him as recently as the Michigan lose. I have been a "lets give him time to grow, he is young and this is his first gig", but i just cant defend him anymore.

So after the Michigan loss you were behind him saying "let's give him time to grow" but now after only 2 more games you just cant support him anymore. No wonder, I cant believe you were so patient for so long. ???

So after the Michigan loss you were behind him saying "let's give him time to grow" but now after only 2 more games you just cant support him anymore. No wonder, I cant believe you were so patient for so long. ???

:clap

the quote was a generalized attitude i had when defending Pelini over the YEARS....

I am suprised I had to clarify that.....

You have to be careful, things are so literal on the web. I always look at my wife and say "watch what I type and get 20 poeple jumping down my throat, OVER THE WEB" then I laugh.

the quote was a generalized attitude i had when defending Pelini over the YEARS....

I am suprised I had to clarify that.....

You have to be careful, things are so literal on the web. I always look at my wife and say "watch what I type and get 20 poeple jumping down my throat, OVER THE WEB" then I laugh.