the apple and the tree

Bo's sideline demeanor (at least against South Carolina) is irrelevant. It's simply something his detractors can point to when he's down, but that doesn't make the criticism relevant.

It is very relevant. Bo was more worried about arguing calls (specifically that bogus PI call) than he was actually coaching the game. His demeanor in the second half of the USC game definitely had an effect on the outcome IMO. When your coach doesn't even know what is going on in the game because he is more worried about dropping F Bombs on the ref, that is a problem.

And I don't know where everyone is getting this idea that Bo is seen nationally as a hothead who is giving Nebraska a bad reputation. To those of you who believe that - where do you live? In Nebraska? Because nowhere else I've been recently brings that up when they talk about Nebraska football.

You must not get out much or watch games on TV ever. Bo Pelini is not liked or respected amongst the college football world, especially the fans. Go to about any other B1G or Big 12 message board and ask for yourself. Posts after the game from USC fans themselves stated this exact thing.

You should learn that if you want to find the opinion of an entire fan base the last place to go is a message board.

Nice OP. This of course is speculation, but looking back at the play that had the ejections, I wouldn't have been surprised if only Dennard was ejected. Wondering what that would've done to Bo after the horrendous call the very next play. Glad we didn't have to find out.

Nice OP. This of course is speculation, but looking back at the play that had the ejections, I wouldn't have been surprised if only Dennard was ejected. Wondering what that would've done to Bo after the horrendous call the very next play. Glad we didn't have to find out.

Very true....................we really caught a break that BOTH were tossed since the SC guy never threw a punch.....................If it was only Fonzie................Bo may have totally imploded..............

Bo isn't Tom.

He's probably closer to Bob from what I read.

We are still witnessing a transformation of Bo from Coordinator to HC.

I see progress in a positive direction, but the bottom line is - Bo has to be himself in order to be successful and so far it IS working.

Is he a legendary coach, polished in the mystical ways of HC magic?

Nope. He's not Tom. But we're lucky to have him as our HC. He's returned the team to a respectable level, and shown he has what it takes to put together a championship defense.

This whole thread is total horsesh*t.

The vast majority of cfb fans couldn't care less how PC their HC is. "Winning" is what 99.99% of the evaluation of a HC is all about. Bo runs the table for a NC and nobody, absolutely NOBODY is going to give one rat's ass how butthurt the tree-huggers are.

:yeah

Watch what Bo does over the next 2-3 yrs. I don't think we will see most of these anti Bo post. Husker fans, you have to feel it, this team is so close, so very close to taking that next step.

GBR!!!

I don't think it's Bo's demeanor per se that most people have a problem with. In a vacuum, I personally don't care if he wants to get fired up and yell at some refs or if he wants to wear neon green blazers on game day or paint his face blue and stride up and down the sideline like William Wallace. In a vacuum. However, if his temper affects play calling like it seemingly did in the bowl game, that's obviously not good. And if Bo's inability to keep his cool on the field when things aren't going well is indeed trickling down to the players, that's even worse. Is that necessarily what's happening? No, it's speculation, but I think it's a pretty fair question to ask at this point. I'm about as big a Pelini supporter as you could hope to find, but I still think it's a fair question.

Bo's sideline demeanor has improved markedly from last season to this season. There were probably as many total minutes of Bo-going-ballistic TV shots this season as he had in the A&M game alone last year, and every camera is focused on him every single time we have a penalty, just hoping for that reaction. If we're seeing this kind of improvement in one year, I think we're in good shape there.

And this whole concern about his temper and affecting the players or recruiting is largely based on buying into the storyline that ABC or ESPN or whomever is covering the game is trying to sell. It's a talking point more than reality.

I agree, he did definitely show improvement this year.

And this whole concern about his temper and affecting the players or recruiting is largely based on buying into the storyline that ABC or ESPN or whomever is covering the game is trying to sell. It's a talking point more than reality.

Regarding this point, I can't speak for anyone one else, but when looking for an explanation for our team's three big implosions this year, I think deep down I'm hoping that Bo's sideline demeanor is the explanation, because that's a relatively easy fix, and is much better than any of the other possible explanations I can think of.

I myself always gauge the public perception of things in my life by posts from other message boards. Especially ShaggyBevo, that is one insightful read. Look around at coaches across the country, no other coach has 3 or 4 cameras trained on them to watch the implosion and I for one think Mack Brown is an idiot. (there, my perception of another coach) Get a life, Bo is not T.O. quit comparing the two and find a bigger font for us blue hairs to read.

Bo's sideline demeanor (at least against South Carolina) is irrelevant. It's simply something his detractors can point to when he's down, but that doesn't make the criticism relevant.

It is very relevant. Bo was more worried about arguing calls (specifically that bogus PI call) than he was actually coaching the game. His demeanor in the second half of the USC game definitely had an effect on the outcome IMO. When your coach doesn't even know what is going on in the game because he is more worried about dropping F Bombs on the ref, that is a problem.

And I don't know where everyone is getting this idea that Bo is seen nationally as a hothead who is giving Nebraska a bad reputation. To those of you who believe that - where do you live? In Nebraska? Because nowhere else I've been recently brings that up when they talk about Nebraska football.

You must not get out much or watch games on TV ever. Bo Pelini is not liked or respected amongst the college football world, especially the fans. Go to about any other B1G or Big 12 message board and ask for yourself. Posts after the game from USC fans themselves stated this exact thing.

You should learn that if you want to find the opinion of an entire fan base the last place to go is a message board.

Exactly. I'm so worried about the opinion of a group of people that saw Bo in one of hte most frustrating situations for a whole 3 hours from a distance. I have not read any of your posts lately BCS, i did read this one and trust me I am shaking my head. Perceive that.