The elephant in the living room

Bo has made progress this year on the subject of criticizing players to the media. This year after almost every game he talked about how proud he is of the team. Last year...not so much. He still has to stop blowing a gasket with the refs. That looks really bad and the tv cameras eat it up. Can't be good for recruiting.

Very good point. If there is one thing I've wanted change about Bo, it's being a little less hard to please. Prior to this year every player always "did some good things, but he has a lot to workon" "there still a lot out there for him" It seemed like no one could ever play well enough, and I've feared that it could start affecting confidence, heck maybe it has. I dont see that as "throwing them under the bus" as some thought he did Monday but who knows.

Bo has made progress this year on the subject of criticizing players to the media. This year after almost every game he talked about how proud he is of the team. Last year...not so much. He still has to stop blowing a gasket with the refs. That looks really bad and the tv cameras eat it up. Can't be good for recruiting.

Ok, some of the time, isn't Bo yelling at the refs' because they called an unfair penalty on our players? The one that stuck out to me was that uncatchable pass interference call. WHAT A JOKE! I was livid! So was Bo. That was just poor officiating. I can't blame Bo for not getting angry. I think even TO would've said something about that. The problem is that the media lumps all of Bo's 'vents' together. They don't take the time to differentiate them. That makes me mad. Like I shared before, Bo is young but he IS growing. I don't think he likes the fact that he can't hold his temper. He tries so hard-we've watched it all year but it's become a, dare I say, 'habit' for him. But it's not too late for him to begin replacing that old habit with a new one. I think sitting down, talking with TO would really help him. I just hope Bo will take the time to do that.

You make a good point. Here's my rebuttle. As great as Osborne is, if you put together a handful of major donors that march in and say it's time for Bo to go and that a change needs to be made, then I bet Osborne wouldnt be as strong we think he is with millions of dollars of "substance" hanging in the balance. How do you think Pedersen was ousted. Now I know that decision was supported by the entire fan base, but I know for a fact it started with the resignation of a major dept fundraiser and escalated with numerous other boosters calling for Pedersen be gone. I would bet Pearlman wouldnt have pulled the plug on Pedersen if not pressure from the high rollers. Sadly it's how the world works, the pocket books have the power. I'm not speculating that is the case at this point but just saying if it ever becomes so, and Bo was let go, This program would never rebound.

Well, my point was more that you're not going to have major players in university donations lining up to do anything as long as Osborne is supporting Bo. Yes, of course if a ton of money lined up, it would probably happen - but the big money won't line up as long as Osborne is saying, "Bo is the guy, he's got my support." That's what I'm saying.

Pedersen's word really carried no extraordinary weight here. Osborne's is very near gospel when it comes to football. So it's not a question of, "What would happen if the big money lined up against Bo while Osborne was still supporting him?" because that would never happen.