Tommy Armstrong Film BreakDown

EZ-E

Oh, Cody Green was so much of a project - just nobody wanted to admit it at the time amidst all the excitement over his 4 stars.

He had the physical tools, he was 6'4 and he had straight-line speed, but everything about his throwing was completely raw. He needed that redshirt badly.

Overall, I think this is a great example of how we can recruit dual-threat QBs for a run-heavy offense with zone-read mixed in, who isn't a total project, a la Taylor or Cody Green.

I don't think Cody Green was much of a project. He looked pretty polished from day one, but he just didn't fulfill all of the hype. I could never figure out if it was his mentality or what exactly the reason was that he couldn't perform real well. One thing that he couldn't seem to be able to do was take some mustard off of his passes and put some touch on the ball. That was probably the biggest downfall to his game. The fumbles IMO were all mental.

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

Anyone else notice any improvements between his Jr. and Sr. year highlights? I noticed EZ was basing his observations on Tommy's Jr. highlights, however his Sr. highlights were recently posted on youtube a week ago and appear to show more intermediate passes. See video posted below.

What I like about Armstrong:

-- Hits receivers in stride more often than not.

-- Equally comfortable under center and shotgun. Seems to have good footwork when he drops back and/or rolls out to pass.

-- Pass-first, Run-second mentality.

-- Plays with poise. Not afraid to sacrifice his body in traffic.