Why would Israel attack Iran?

I'm saying Iran won't give a nuke to some terrorist group to use because it would be traced back to Iran. I'm not making this up...it's what experts say.

So... what happens when Iran's government falls apart, the more-modern youth of the country finally get tired of living under the watchful eyes of the gasht-e ershad, and civil war erupts? What will an unstable religious hierarchy do, especially after establishing a decades-long precedent of arming known terrorists?

Will Iran's hard-liners really care if their nukes are traced back to them when they're going to be out of power anyway? That's not a bet I'm excited to make.

What happens when that happens in other countries in the area w/ nukes?

I'd say get the international community involved work WITH them on their nukes(not weapons). That way we know what they have and don' t have. Iran has been willing to work w/ the world on this issue for many years. and even signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Israel has not. PUtting them in the "axis of evil" was a major eff up. Threatening them over and over is not only stupid but against international law. Whatever Israel says on the matter (at least publicly) should go in one ear and out the other of everyone. They want to sell us into a war by acting like Iran is a direct threat to the US....much like they did w/ Iraq.

I'm saying Iran won't give a nuke to some terrorist group to use because it would be traced back to Iran. I'm not making this up...it's what experts say.

So... what happens when Iran's government falls apart, the more-modern youth of the country finally get tired of living under the watchful eyes of the gasht-e ershad, and civil war erupts? What will an unstable religious hierarchy do, especially after establishing a decades-long precedent of arming known terrorists?

I would imagine that it would be like Pakistan, but with less nukes and revenue generated from illegal oil rather than illegal drugs.

Will Iran's hard-liners really care if their nukes are traced back to them when they're going to be out of power anyway? That's not a bet I'm excited to make.

American hardliners will work with the Iranian hardliners, like we have with the Pakistani hardliners, to assure that they can make alot of money by selling their illegal commodities under our watchful eye.

Ring of Iranian bases threaten the US... or is it the other way around?

http://www.juancole....reatens-us.html

bases3.png

The better question is why weren't these bases a threat to Iran five years ago? Why just now?

A few of those bases have been around awhile, primary example is Incirlik in Turkey. That was around for at least 20 years, more due to the cold war threat I'd imagine.

• Fire 1

A few of those bases have been around awhile, primary example is Incirlik in Turkey. That was around for at least 20 years, more due to the cold war threat I'd imagine.

A few yes, and why are we still fighting a cold war against Russia?

The bases in Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan are not from the cold war, and the bases in Afghanistan are no more than ten years old.