Is this obscene?

"Obscenity" at the Super Bowl  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If somebody flipped me off, I'd be offended.

That said, I don't care if she did or didn't flip everybody off. If I had children watching, that might be a different story. But, my current self doesn't get caught up in things like that. Even if my child did see it, it'd be a good learning opportunity to tell teach them about respect and how to lose it in front of some of your peers. Regardless of whether you were or weren't offended, people exist that will be offended, and that has to be understood.

I have no problem with her doing it, but I understand that some people do get caught up in those things.

Apparently some singer flipped off the camera during Madonna's half-time show last night. And the world is in an uproar over it.

Apologies from NFL, NBC after M.I.A. flips bird

British hip-hop artist M.I.A.'s obscene gesture in the Super Bowl halftime show is prompting apologies from NBC and the NFL. But it isn't immediately registering as a moment that viewers latched on to.

"The obscene gesture in the performance was completely inappropriate, very disappointing and we apologize to our fans," said Brian McCarthy, spokesman for the NFL, which produced Madonna's halftime show. He said that M.I.A. had not done anything similar during rehearsals and the league had no reason to believe she would pull something like that during the actual show.

The risque moment came during the biggest TV event of the year. The screen briefly went blurred after M.I.A.'s gesture in what was a late attempt - by less than a second - to cut out the camera shot.

"The NFL hired the talent and produced the halftime show," NBC spokesman Christopher McCloskey said. "Our system was late to obscure the inappropriate gesture and we apologize to our viewers."

Couple of questions: Did you see this? If so, were you offended?

i didn't see it until they made a big deal about it.

Never saw it either.

I had "0 and 4" in the office pool so after the safety was scored I let my son talk me into a nice bike ride along one of the nearby canals...I'd already seen most of the commercials ahead of time on youtube anyway and I just prefer College Football way more than the No Fun League.

I didn't see this until I saw the stillframe on Facebook..But never having heard of MIA? I thought for sure that this was a picture of Michael Spinks with new front teeth.

• Fire 1

I had "0 and 4" in the office pool so after the safety was scored I let my son talk me into a nice bike ride along one of the nearby canals...I'd already seen most of the commercials ahead of time on youtube anyway and I just prefer College Football way more than the No Fun League.

I didn't see this until I saw the stillframe on Facebook..But never having heard of MIA? I thought for sure that this was a picture of Michael Spinks with new front teeth.

i'm still laughing

Whats more obscene are the stupid outfits they were wearing. (Feel free to B****** the finger if need be)

195023d1328506350-funny-strange-random-pics-a8mhf.jpg

I thought that was Madonna

Not to be too offensive (I bet I could never get away with posting this picture here) but why are so many of these dancers? airing out their naughty parts in the air like that and not in our general direction?