Sipple's Erstad Article Mentions Possible Sadler Replacment....Scott Spinelli???

If You Listen Closely.....You can actually HEAR the slurp, slurp, slurp as Sipple performs fellatio on Erstad as you read this article.

While most of that article is about Erstad and offers nothing new other than Sipple's assurance that Erstad continues in the long line of coaches who have Sipple's undying loyalty for doing nothing other than being hired.....

He does make a comment that Scott Spinelli is apparently one of the rumored candidates to replace Sadler. I have two problems with this.

Once again, Sipple touts Spinelli's supposed recruiting prowess, while only being able to point to Aleks Maric as ANY talent Spinelli brought into Nebraska under Collier.

Secondly, is Tom Osborne physically unable to hire a head coach that doesn't have some prior ties to Nebraska? And why is having ties to Nebraska important as the basketball coach?

....., is Tom Osborne physically unable to hire a head coach that doesn't have some prior ties to Nebraska? And why is having ties to Nebraska important as the basketball coach?

It's not. In fact, I'd rather have someone without any ties to Nebraska unless it's somebody like Eric Strickland. Even then, he doesn't really have any coaching experience as far as I know. Plus, it's not like our basketball team has some huge tradition that the coach needs to understand.

Hire someone who can recruit better players and get us to the NCAA tourney every 2 or 3 years. Create our own tradition.

If You Listen Closely.....You can actually HEAR the slurp, slurp, slurp as Sipple performs fellatio on Erstad as you read this article.

While most of that article is about Erstad and offers nothing new other than Sipple's assurance that Erstad continues in the long line of coaches who have Sipple's undying loyalty for doing nothing other than being hired.....

He does make a comment that Scott Spinelli is apparently one of the rumored candidates to replace Sadler. I have two problems with this.

Once again, Sipple touts Spinelli's supposed recruiting prowess, while only being able to point to Aleks Maric as ANY talent Spinelli brought into Nebraska under Collier.

Secondly, is Tom Osborne physically unable to hire a head coach that doesn't have some prior ties to Nebraska? And why is having ties to Nebraska important as the basketball coach?

Nowhere does he say that's a rumored candidate. He says Tom won't comment on Doc's future but that fans are speculating and one of the names he heard interested him. If that's your criteria for 'rumored candidate' then according HB, Phil Jackson and Dennis Rodman are also rumored candidates. And FWIW, I thought it was a good enough article...

I don't think Scott Spinelli would be a top choice. I've hear Tyron Lue's name come up more than Spinelli's. I could see Strickland get a look too. We're probably going to have to settle with either a guy who played here who's getting into coaching, or take a long shot on a mid major guy. I'm not sure we look that attractive to even mid major coaches until we get the new Arena finished. Its not the only reason this job is tough but playing in that crap hole that was the Bob with no practice court was a huge, huge disadvantage. Until you travel around and see other colleges and see that even several schools in the Mo. Valley had better set ups for basketball I don't think as a fan you could even understand it.