Running Back for 2013

walksalone

There is just little to no way Cross will be able to be a featured back. He's a situational back. The kid could be a beast though. I see him playing at 250lbs, in that role Jorvorskie Lane played for A&M 5 years ago. 10 carries a game...but likely lead the team in TDs. Never again will Beck pass on 3rd and 3. We go for it on 4th and 1 90% of the time. That will be Cross's bread and butter. We need someone else to play the rest of the game though.

i don't think anyone expects him to be a feature back, but it might be nice to have a thumper who can run over and drag guys for 3-4 yards on most of his carries.

10-14 carries a game for 40-60 yards of hard inside running.......hey Rex, you OK with that?

I think Imani's potential is to be an every-down back. He has deceptive speed, and IIRC he runs track. He's in the same mold as Rex, probably without the subtle shake in his step that Rex has. Imani just has a lot bigger body that is more conducive to taking on tacklers and running them over. I think until the Gator Bowl against Clemson, Quentin Castille was a short yardage back in many people's minds and he blew that notion wide open. I'm hoping Imani does the same. Only time will tell.