Santorum Warns about Satan

To the naked eye they are! How many have you seen? chuckleshuffle

The microscope has been out since the 1600's. So invisible stuff wasn't attacking people a 100 years ago.

And they weren't calling it "invisible stuff"....they were blaming it on witches, demons or Satan. Illness was thought to be a punishment from God for sins. Touching holy objects, saying special prayers or visiting the tomb of a saint could help to bring cures.

The microscope has been out since the 1600's. So invisible stuff wasn't attacking people a 100 years ago.

And they weren't calling it "invisible stuff"....they were blaming it on witches, demons or Satan. Illness was thought to be a punishment from God for sins. Touching holy objects, saying special prayers or visiting the tomb of a saint could help to bring cures.

I didn't call it that johnnyrodgers20 did. Yes i know they were blaming on the supernatural.

No, I know you weren't. You just got caught up in the ' quote' chain. :)

And why do you think they were blaming it on all those things? Because the "invisible stuff", the microorganisms that were making them sick and because they could not be seen, superstition grew around the sicknesses.

It's pretty simple they could not see what was causing them to be sick so they made up things. Many today can not see God so they do not believe in him. Who knows in a couple hundred years we may have the science to prove there is a God and all the unbelievers will be thought of as you think of the ancient people who used superstition to explain those things away. :thumbs

What about the 1500s and before? chuckleshuffle

You didn't say that just " a 100 years ago".

You forgot the S, I said hundredS of years ago, plural!! :hmmph

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/58060-santorum-warns-about-satan/page__view__findpost__p__934313

What about the 1500s and before? chuckleshuffle

You didn't say that just " a 100 years ago".

You forgot the S, I said hundredS of years ago, plural!! :hmmph

http://www.huskerboa...post__p__934313

nice editing. You said a hundred years ago and went back to edit it cause i didn't quote you on it.

And why do you think they were blaming it on all those things? Because the "invisible stuff", the microorganisms that were making them sick and because they could not be seen, superstition grew around the sicknesses.

It's pretty simple they could not see what was causing them to be sick so they made up things.

Exactly. They made up that a god was doing it. And they were wrong.

Many today can not see God so they do not believe in him. Who knows in a couple hundred years we may have the science to prove there is a God and all the unbelievers will be thought of as you think of the ancient people who used superstition to explain those things away. :thumbs

It's not "seeing" a god...it's not having any evidence of one. Even though science isn't in the god business, but If in a couple hundred years, science can prove there is a god...great, then so be it. I'll accept it. But just like those superstitious ancient people asserting witches or demons are causing them to be sick when in actuality it was a common, natural explanation...it's ridiculous to assert an existence of a god when, again, a common, natural explanation can be given to everything around us.

Husker 99 Quote:

nice editing. You said a hundred years ago and went back to edit it cause i didn't quote you on it.

Man you have problems, I didn't do anything of the sort. Next time read a litte slower or comprehend a little better, SHEEESH!!! Although, now I know how you think and that is pretty sneaky!! eyeswear2allthatsholy

Illness was blamed on many things in the Middle Ages (specifically in Europe), not only demons or Satan. Vapors, humours, etc were blamed for disease.