Kerry Enters Senate Race

I find Fischer to be more tolerable on a personal level than Bruning, even if their policy positions are virtually the same. What troubles me a great deal though is that Joe Ricketts funding a storm of negative ads is what what pushed her over the top. If Fischer goes on to win in November, we will have one more senator bound in a no compromise suicide pact for our country on every debt ceiling vote.

I find Fischer to be more tolerable on a personal level than Bruning, even if their policy positions are virtually the same. What troubles me a great deal though is that Joe Ricketts funding a storm of negative ads is what what pushed her over the top. If Fischer goes on to win in November, we will have one more senator bound in a no compromise suicide pact for our country on every debt ceiling vote.

V.2 coming up late 2012! Mark your calendars so that you don't miss the hostage situation.

Bruning losing really made my evening.

I like Deb Fischer. I don't always agree with her politics but she is very intelligent and honest. Her committee work in Lincoln was excellent.

I don't know what the polls show but she should match up well with Kerry.

I was surprised by Fisher beating Bruning. But, I agree the more I learned about Deb Fisher the more I liked her as well. I told my wife that day that I thought it would be a long shot, but she would be a great candidate for us. I just hope that the people see through the BS that Kerry has on the plate. I did not like him the first time he was representing us and wish he would have stayed away. Nothing good can come from him moving back here from where he belonged in NY.

I think Bob and his carpet bag are going to have a very difficult time convincing Nebraskans to vote for him when he hasn't been living here for the last decade or more.

If they saw through Bruning, they'll see through Bob like a clean piece of plate glass.

Anyone who identifies as 'tea party' or gets endorsements from them is an issue, She has repeated messages of 'cut spending' without identifying what gets cut. But its a pretty safe bet its just more of the same from the far right. Opposes any new revenue, and is for a 'balanced budget amendment' which takes stupid to a whole new level. Opposes any form of universal healthcare. Wants to repeal the Frank-Dodd bill. She is just another far right, tea party clone.

If Fischer wins in November, I think the Bruning defeat will be looked back at as a blessing by the Republicans. If Bruning would have cruised through the primary and then come October the Kerry camp or Democrat PACs would have done to him what the Ricketts PAC did, he could have lost easily. It's going to be a lot harder for them to do this to Fisher in my opinion. Bruning and Fisher are very similar ideologically, but Bruning had a lot more dirt under the rug and was exposed. The best thing Fischer can do is keep this a positive campaign and force Kerry to go negative and I think she wins.