Kerry Enters Senate Race

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/kerrey-enters-senate-race/article_1de15ac8-33dc-5fb3-bf48-90081cbdba80.html

Jon Bruning's sphincter just puckered up even more so, if that's possible. The race definitely just got more interesting although I do feel for Hassebrook, since he is the one really getting the shaft out of this ordeal because it's now too late for him to file for reelection to the Board of Regents. I said it before and haven't changed my thoughts on this, I really don't like that fact that someone like Kerry who hasn't lived here for years can simply come back and file for reelection like this and it doesn't matter which party you belong to, I call that BS. If you really cared about representing Nebraska, he would have been living here.

Politics and views aside, Kerry does still have a number of connections, and he would have an instant 'senior' statesman status on the hill, which would be good for the State of Nebraska.

Not saying it should be the sole reason to support him, but that *is* a very good thing for a "flyover state"...

• 4 weeks later...

Politics and views aside, Kerry does still have a number of connections, and he would have an instant 'senior' statesman status on the hill, which would be good for the State of Nebraska.

Not saying it should be the sole reason to support him, but that *is* a very good thing for a "flyover state"...

Actually I think it is the exact opposite because Kerry has already proven he'll sell out his constituents for a few bucks.

http://www.dailykos....g-to-the-rescue

Looks like the Bob effect has lost its magic... To be honest this, for me, is more about the process than anything, its only March and a lot can happen, but Bob will be needing all the help his carpet bagging ass can get...

Surprised how wide the margin is right now. My guess come election time was Kerry would win Omaha and Lincoln maybe around five percentage points and then lose out state Nebraska something like 70%-30% and Bruning would end up winning just by enough thanks to the huge numbers out west. It looks like from that poll that he isn't doing that well in Lincoln and Omaha as I am guessing he is still not even close in rural Nebraska. Did everyone already forget he got them that purdy bridge over the Missouri?

• 1 month later...

As expected Kerry wins easily, but WOW, Fisher takes out Bruning according to 10/11. I haven't seen any results yet but I would guess that Fisher took a large majority in Western NE and that was enough to win. Fisher vs Kerry has got to be a plus for the Kerry camp tonight but they better not underestimate the Western Nebraska votes. If Kerry put in the work out west he can win. Bruning has to be in shock tonight.

Bruning losing really made my evening.

I like Deb Fischer. I don't always agree with her politics but she is very intelligent and honest. Her committee work in Lincoln was excellent.

I don't know what the polls show but she should match up well with Kerry.